• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lookin' for opinions on Utah and Colorado trail books

Pete M

NAXJA Forum User
I've found two different series at amazon and was wondering if anyone has experience with them.
"Backcountry Adventures: Utah" and "4wd Adventures: Colorado" by Peter Massey
and
"Guide to Colorado Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails" and "Guide To Moab, UT Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails" by Charles A. Wells

I'm bringing the MJ from Michigan to Utah and Colorado this May for the Comanche Club PowWows and was wondering if there was a concensus about which book series was better for a no-longer-stock vehicle? Maps and GPS points are great and all, but I don't really want a book full of only dirt roads, no matter how good the scenery.
Jeep on!
--Pete
ComancheClub.com

I have the backcountry avdentures Utah, and having done a bunch of the trails in it, My opinion is that the book is more aimed at the stock 4x4's and not the modified. Anything that is close being "HARD" it says is out of the realm of this book. although there are alot of cool places it gives you directions to get to.

Pete M said:
"Guide to Colorado Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails" and "Guide To Moab, UT Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails" by Charles A. Wells
I've got the guide to CO Vol. 2 and its been pretty good. Some directions are a little strange but always gets me there.

Back