• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Long rod stroker parts

If bearing clearances are correct a high volume is not necessary, if it's built loose they can be. Just like in the SBC/BBC Chevy world your engine is built correctly you don't need them unless running an oil cooler or remote filters. If anything put a stronger​ relief spring in to bump pressures at higher rpms. Unless someone can show me how a properly set up stock pump is inadequate for a low rpm 4.0.

I installed a Melling HV pump when I replaced the 0331 head last summer!

If bearing clearances are correct a high volume is not necessary, if it's built loose they can be. Just like in the SBC/BBC Chevy world your engine is built correctly you don't need them unless running an oil cooler or remote filters. If anything put a stronger​ relief spring in to bump pressures at higher rpms. Unless someone can show me how a properly set up stock pump is inadequate for a low rpm 4.0.

My experience in building (other than Jeeps) race motors says otherwise!

I ordered all my stroker parts through Russ as well, in addition to a ported and polished head with chevy valves ! Great guy !

Any thoughts on the header? I just received a email from Russ that my bottom end will be ready by the end of the week, so I need to get something ordered to replace my 2k exhaust(no pre-cats).

The revolver header is great - we run it on the race car.

IIRC the ports may not line up correctly with an 0331 head. Russ could elaborate.

I would be looking for a @98 header to mate up with his porting work.

I should add that I have sent Russ a email to see if he has any preferences!

Banks revolver header gets my vote

Russ's current piston and rod offerings.

IMG_2322_zpsuoystobn.jpg

IMG_2321_zpsqyxby671.jpg

IMG_1784_zpsrdhs6ilu.jpg

IMG_1782_zpss1duyojk.jpg

Last edited:
I have a piston and connecting rod combination that is a vast improvement over anything else in the market but is still targeted to the budget minded engine builder.

My steel bushed 6.125 connecting rod is equipped with ARP 3/8 8740 cap-screw rod bolts with caps located by stainless dowels. Small comes bushed allowing for a full floating pin.
If purchased with my Pistons I'll upgrade the wrist pin to a much lighter and stronger .927 Chevy pin.
Both ends are fully profiled lessening total rod weight by approximately hundred grams.
By removing the balance pad and replacing it with a strengthening rib on the cap makes it much easier to retain the factory main girdle in a stroker application.
If you factor in the cost of rebuilding a stock 4.0 cast rod with replacement 11/32 ARP bolts,
balance the set end to end, Pay your machine shop to press the old Pistons off and install the new you should be pretty close to the cost of my rods at $325.00 a set.

Pistons are made out of a 4032 high silicone aluminum alloy, it has great wear resistance, a low expansion rate, is very durable, and low in friction.
Unlike my competitors I stock pistons in over 10 dish volumes and compression distances that allow for minimal to no decking of the block to achieve a zero deck for a tight quench.
Pistons come pin fit with either the factory diameter .931 pin or a .927 Chevy upgrade for $495.00 a set.

Russ Pottenger
Bishop-Buehl Racing Engines
531 N. Lyall Avenue
West Covina, California 91790
Work (626) 967-1000
Cell (626) 673-2203
Email/PayPal: [email protected]

Russ's current piston and rod offerings.

IMG_2322_zpsuoystobn.jpg

IMG_2321_zpsqyxby671.jpg

IMG_1784_zpsrdhs6ilu.jpg

IMG_1782_zpss1duyojk.jpg

Those look surprisingly familiar. I just hope we put them in the block in the correct orientation.

David Bricker / SYR

Back