• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

long arm upgrade

Bashing somethig just because it is outside the box is retarted especially if you have NO first hand knowledge of it!! I am not saying that everyone should rush out and buy the damn thing but there may be something to it!! Quit being bone headed retards!!:cool:

It's not really outside the box if you think about it. a lot of custom fab shops with outstanding reputations have used the radius arm design using only one single upper arm. eliminates a lot of binding and flexes extremely well. CA's are heavy wall tubing, RE joints used are quality.i feel the bracket used to attach the arms should have been extended up so at least one crush sleeve could have been installed through frame rail.that being said i am not a fan of the radius arm set up. but the upgrade appears to be made with quality in mind. and there trac bars are solid steel quality pieces at a reasonable price. before we bash i think we should really look at the product we are bashing. just my 02.

I have a tie rod from Iron Rock. The thing is beefy. I met these guys a couple weeks ago up in Gilbert, MN. They are great guys and they know what they're doing. They don't just produce crap and sell it to unsuspecting tight-wads who don't want to spent all their $$ on RE. These guys build quality products and actually wheel with this stuff. From what I saw it held up very well. Just another $.02

I have a tie rod from Iron Rock. The thing is beefy. I met these guys a couple weeks ago up in Gilbert, MN. They are great guys and they know what they're doing. They don't just produce crap and sell it to unsuspecting tight-wads who don't want to spent all their $$ on RE. These guys build quality products and actually wheel with this stuff. From what I saw it held up very well. Just another $.02

X2 however I personally am not a fan of their long arm kit just because of the loss of clearance....Ive been to their shop and talked to them and they have a good product and its built with quality. (Plus they are local for me and look forward to buying a few of thier parts)

I have wheeled with several guys that have the Iron Rock Long Arm upgrade, including the Iron Rock Off-road guys. In fact I was their trail guide a couple of weeks ago. They are a quality product, flex like a chinese hooker, and they are BEEFY. These guys aren't timid with their products they wheel the ever lovin piss out of their rigs. They do considerable testing on their own rigs before they ever sell a product and they stand behind what they sell.

Their is adjustability in the arms. You can adjust castor and for a little more you can even adjust your wheelbase. Yes you may lose a little ground clearance but the arms are like a rock slider they are beefy enough to take the weight of the vehicle and slide down a rock. Just because Rubicon Express or Claytons doesn't build it doesn't mean it is an inferior setup.

Where the arm mounts to the upper mount on the axle there is a cam adjustment. No one I know that has the kit has had any problems with Castor. If you don't like the kit don't buy it. If you haven't bought it or seen it in action don't tell people it is crap. There are 2 guys in my club that have it on their XJ's and they love it. I have seen at least 3 other XJ's on the trail (not counting the ones from Iron Rock Off-Road) that have it and they all love it. I do not have it on my Jeep but it is on the list of future upgrades.

Is there any odd pitching or diving when you get on the brakes hard? I think I would be a little worried about how the axle twists when stopping fast or climbing when the pass front wheel grabs.
I like the idea though. I'd kinda like to try it.

Shits weak.... WIZZEAK

I'm thinking about building my own long arm setup. A buddy built his for his F-150, and crashed it in the desert this past weekend and sure enough his long-arms were fine but the frame was bent up. I'll go research it on here, I know people have done it.
I'm thinking for the brackets this might be a good idea, I don't know:
http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merc...en=PROD&Store_Code=IROR&Product_Code=IR-X_LAB
Although either I'd buy those, or make my own out of much thicker material. What do you think? I've never seen any bolt to the crossmember but it makes sort of sense.

Last edited:
Same as their kit,a friken joke!

Back