• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lolo pass

Mitchen

NAXJA Forum User
does anyone know how much snow is up on lolo pass up hwy 26 right in zigzag? i drove up there a week or two ago and there was a decent amount of snow but was hoping there might be some deeper snow by now? we went up vista pass or vista trail which is on lolo pass. thanks!

None I went up to timberline today. The snow doesnt start until about a mile before skihole I mean bowl. It is supposed to drop to 3000' tonight.

well i may be going tomorrow (sunday 11/12) with my buddy in his toyota and myself. the snow level was at 3000 the other week when i went and we found 5-6" of snow/ but it was fresh then. and ski-bowl is just as great as timberline seems you are a non ski-bowl fan and you should fully appreciate what ski bowl has become. now meadows that place is a shit hole. but i do agree timberline is better than ski bowl :p

I was thinking it was about 3300 but you guys might go further up than I do. I usually just head up to French's Dome (at least thats what everybody calls it) which is one of the pulloffs under the powerlines before the pavement ends.

I would fully appreciate skihole if they spent money on skihole and not lodging. Its local people that keep the place running. I think that if they would have spent the money on the lifts then they would have more business. I have been skiing/snowboarding for the past 20 something years. I worked at skihole 2 winters ago just my 2 cents!

its a pretty old resort and they dont bring in as much money as meadows or timberline. i agree there lifts are old but its a great place. ride timberline all day then take the glade trail down to summit then have who ever is driving pick you up and head to skibowl for night riding!

anyway the trip went well we went up vista ridge. not sure on alttitude but it was extremely windy and snowing hard. the snow got deep enough for it to be fun. there was some ice though, we also found some killer rock climbs and just some plain easy trails with great views.

also if you head up there watch out for deer had atleast 6 jump out infront of us. lots of people were hunting up there

Back