• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lodging

OK, you guys talked me into it! :D Gonna call and see if there are any rooms w/ a bathroom available. Cheeseman-over & out!

P.S. BOB, hell no I am not going to be on good behavior b/c she is there (yes, she is reading over my shoulder :D)

tyler you still gonna bring the camper :) can i rent it from you? lol

it is just a camper shell, not a full blown camper. Since we are looking at staying in the hotel now I am not sure I am going to put it on the truck b/c it is uglier then Haleyes and just about as easy to pick up :D . Are you interested in caravaning out to WF Vince? We will be leaving our house before 8 AM and could meet you along the way like at Macon, Missouri on 65 & 63 interchange. :dunno:

just reserved our room for Thursday through Sunday at the haunted hotel.. :D $55.85 /night for two queen beds w/ private bath...not too bad.

it is just a camper shell, not a full blown camper. Since we are looking at staying in the hotel now I am not sure I am going to put it on the truck b/c it is uglier then Haleyes and just about as easy to pick up :D . Are you interested in caravaning out to WF Vince? We will be leaving our house before 8 AM and could meet you along the way like at Macon, Missouri on 65 & 63 interchange. :dunno:

for sure, that would be great. i just have to figure out how my gf will be getting there from cleveland. if she doesnt drive her car i might have to go pick her up and then drive there. maybe i just wont bring her? but then it would get cold at night

oooor i just had a great idea. maybe she can catch a ride with some of the north east boys? i wonder if anybody would be down to put her in the backseat and drive her over to badlands?

Im surprised a lot of you guys drive from so far away?? Im maybe 10 minutes away from Attica right now. Even at home Im only an hour or so.
WF must be something real special huh?

Im surprised a lot of you guys drive from so far away?? Im maybe 10 minutes away from Attica right now. Even at home Im only an hour or so.
WF must be something real special huh?

It isn't the Badlands and it's not the wheeling...it's the people that show up that makes it worth the ride.:kissyou:

BOB

so i really didnt see it anywhere but am i gonna need a reservation for a electric site at the BL campground? how many are gonna need hookups?

so i really didnt see it anywhere but am i gonna need a reservation for a electric site at the BL campground? how many are gonna need hookups?

Probably wouldn't be a bad idea. There will most likely be other groups at the CG that weekend.

I think there are only a handful of people who will need full hookups, maybe just Sean.

otay. i have a backup battery so i dont "need" hookups but its always nicer to get a spot with them.

last month I slept in my F-150 at the Campground. I plugged in a small heater fan to the hook-up and was warm all night.

BOB

we have a truck camper...
DSCF6567.jpg

there shouldn't be a need to reserve a spot, you can if you want, but this coming weekend in december is the last weekend that the campground will be open and the next weekend that is it open is winterfest weekend, so i'm not sure if anyone will answer the phone until then...

expect for maaaaaaaybe one other group we'll be the only group thats there.

mac 'everyone should camp...hotel's are for panzies :) 'gyvr

I think I might start looking for a p/u camper too. the wife's, er, gf's ride is a 4 door ram, a small pop up camper in the back of that would be nice.

I don't know what I'm gonna do, other than you can expect to see me there at the campground.

I found a decent p/u camper that had the "pop up" top on it for $1000 just outside of St Loius on the IL side. It was on Craigslist of St Louis a few weeks back. I am just too broke this time of year to buy any additional toys...maybe after the next week or so and I have all the corn cut I can see how broke I really am :(

I found a decent p/u camper that had the "pop up" top on it for $1000 just outside of St Loius on the IL side. It was on Craigslist of St Louis a few weeks back. I am just too broke this time of year to buy any additional toys...maybe after the next week or so and I have all the corn cut I can see how broke I really am :(

I found an 86 Starcraft pop up pick-up camper for a short box on c/l over by me, $750. says excellent cond, with Christmas comming up I don't know if I dare. Although, I might.

Back