• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Locker Question

Eagle

Lifetime NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Looking through the ads in Four Wheeler, I see that all the big drive train places are now selling a Genuine Gear "Quick Lok," which is made for Genuine Gear by Trac Tech (Detroit Locker).

What is this Quick Lok thing? Has anyone used one, or know anyone who has used one? Is it just the Detroit Gearless Locker under anither name?

Is it any good?

I thought it was a rebranded EZ locker. Are the prices comperable, or is it close to the price of a gearless?

Does anyone have any info on this locker?

That would make it an EZ Locker.

Has anyone had any experience with the EZ Locker ... good or bad?

I think I remember a guy picking it up for his D44 and complaining about it.... look for a post by MikeyL or something like that about 2 months ago....

Kejtar

i've been running a quick-lok for the better part of a year. i had some trouble with it at first- the clutch dogs rounded off (due to the cross pin wearing where the locker rests against it) after a couple of months and it needed replaced under warranty. 4 wheel parts warranteed it with no problems. i've had the replacement in for about 6 months and it still works fine and the dogs appear to be in good shape. There is a harder 'heavy-duty' cross pin available that i also installed at the same time as the replacement. i'd recommend getting the cross-pin at the same time as the locker to avoid the problems i had.

i was also told that it is manufactured by tractech for 4WP.

anyways... here's a link to a writeup i did with i installed the replacement:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38489

HTH-
Chuck

Thanks, Chuck, but your write-up is on a Lock-Rite and I need info on the Quick Lok.

Eagle said:
That would make it an EZ Locker.

Has anyone had any experience with the EZ Locker ... good or bad?

I've got one in a Dana 35 and ran it about a year, offroad and on. It worked fine although a little loud when locks/unlocks. It was used, installed in the axle when I bought it.

I've run the EZ Locker and Lockright, the Quick-Lok is basically the same thing, a lunch box locker that replaces the spinder/side gears. I had no problems with the lockright or ez locker and would not hesitate to run the Quick-Loc.

Back