• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

loc right wont fit

i just ordered a new carrier from ECGS. he said it would fit the lock right.

Wow... Talk about loyalty in a few ways..

Did Chase (ECGS) give you info or tech here?

Are they even a supporting vendor here?

And did you even give me / RWK Haus Supply a chance to get you setup? I mean I only went out of my way to post here (multiple times) and give you expert advice on a situation that you were lost on.

:rolleyes:

Sure makes it hard to give advice around here when people to take that as reason to let you earn thier business....

Oh well.. Live and learn (Daily)....

lame. I'll verify Robert's tech -- I ran an Isuzu rear in my XJ for 5 years. They Isuzu D44 axles indeed all use the standard D44 3.92 and below (numerically) carrier. Mine had an aussie lunchbox locker in it which fit with no issues whatsoever. I used "thick" 4.30 gears, which work fine, but if you try to use standard 4.10 or numerically higher gears on that carrier you will indeed come about 1/4" short of meshing with your pinon gear.

Robert, I for one appreciate your tech support, and when I regear the WJ next year (JK axles), I will be hitting you up for gears, master kits and a D30 e-locker. :thumbup:

chase is not a vendor on here. i did check out RWK. i liked the price of the new carrier, just happend to look up ECGS cause i needed steering also. his price was the same as yours give or take a few bucks.
i really do appreciate(sp) the help, i was just in a really bad mood with this set up cause i wanted it done before my b-day that way i can take a few days off work to ride.
really not wanting to piss anyone off.
if i can get pics ill post them to show the diff.

Thanks for the help.

interesting on the 98+ Isuzu carriers, I didn't know that (mine was a 95) -- you DO learn something everyday -- for those to lazy to go over there:

Originally Posted by Turtle Mechanic said:
pre 98 isuzu D44 are the same (inside carrier dimensions) as other non isuzu D44 carriers.
However 98+ isuzu D44 have a different inside carrier dimension.You will need to use 4 or 5 (normally 5) side gear factory hardend shims to take up the gap.
Or as i did years ago I made shims out of hardend and ground A2,the shims where about .1515 thick each.
Sorry I don't have anymore shims only made 5 sets.
I just have folks use 5 factory shims(the ones between side gear and carrier) you will not have any issues if you use "harded shims"/
This only pertains to 98+ open carriers
The pinion in the 98+ Isuzu D44 is also different than pre 98's it bearing surfaces are about D60 size.
More info on pirate in isuzu section.
There are pics on cardomain,but its down right now.
bare carrier showing where side gear shims go

I don't think anyone thought your were crazy/stupid, I think Robert just thought you might have repaid his advice with a purchase... :cheers:

And did you even give me / RWK Haus Supply a chance to get you setup? I mean I only went out of my way to post here (multiple times) and give you expert advice on a situation that you were lost on.

Sure makes it hard to give advice around here when people to take that as reason to let you earn thier business....

Wow, really? Getting butt hurt because you helped someone and they didn't buy your $50 carrier CERTAINLY isn't the way to get business.

I do my best to help people on here everyday but I don't get back on here and complain because they didn't drop 50 bucks in my paypal account. Maybe I should add my paypal account to my signature...

Good luck to you and RWK Haus Supply.

Wow, really? Getting butt hurt because you helped someone and they didn't buy your $50 carrier CERTAINLY isn't the way to get business.

I do my best to help people on here everyday but I don't get back on here and complain because they didn't drop 50 bucks in my paypal account. Maybe I should add my paypal account to my signature...

Good luck to you and RWK Haus Supply.

I wonder what lesson you just taught to ROBERTK?

Might be why most that know don't share the info on here anymore.

A nice person would have posted up with "I went with ECGS because _____. Next time I will price check with you, but thanks for your time and help with this."

i did check their prices FIRST, then i checked with ECGS cause i had to order my steering also. the prices were close so i didnt want to order from 2 different places .
like ive said, thanks for the help.

the mods can close this if they'd like, seems to be a big fight now lol.

I wonder what lesson you just taught to ROBERTK?

Might be why most that know don't share the info on here anymore.

A nice person would have posted up with "I went with ECGS because _____. Next time I will price check with you, but thanks for your time and help with this."

I'm confused... Did you think I was the OP? You actually think that ROBERTK was in the right to post what he did?

Don't worry. I will be like EVERY other drivetrain vendor here and ignore the mod section and the questions. And stay out of everyones way and let u all do ur thing.

Don't worry. I will be like EVERY other drivetrain vendor here and ignore the mod section and the questions. And stay out of everyones way and let u all do ur thing.
Seriously? When representing your business, maybe it's best to take a breath before clicking send. Just because you gave advice doesn't mean that he needs to buy from you. Your reaction pretty much undoes any goodwill gained by giving advice.

He had a good reason to go elsewhere: to consolidate his orders, probably saved on shipping that way.

Again. I'm out.

Last edited:
And he checked your prices. The option was there, but he chose to go with the other guy from whom he was already getting steering. That was started your tirade against him.

For loyalty, how about just giving advice on NAXJA without expecting something in return? :dunno:

i did check their prices FIRST, then i checked with ECGS cause i had to order my steering also. the prices were close so i didnt want to order from 2 different places .
like ive said, thanks for the help.

the mods can close this if they'd like, seems to be a big fight now lol.

Sounds like you were acting pretty pissy about the situation. Sure, be disappointed, but it makes you look unprofessional and turn people away when you b**** someone out for not buying from you.
Again. I'm out.
Looks like you took my advice after posting, thought about it and edited yourself.

You're right, not many other vendors participate in discussion and I really appreciate that you did. I just think you went about it the wrong way in the end. That is all.

Thats the problem with the internet... Hard to really get the exact meaning or feeling of whats being said. I am a very direct person to start with and tact isnt my strong suit, then you add in a sack rider, and it gets all out of proportion.

Thats the problem with the internet... Hard to really get the exact meaning or feeling of whats being said. I am a very direct person to start with and tact isnt my strong suit, then you add in a sack rider, and it gets all out of proportion.

HA! Sack Rider! Haven't been called that before!

Back