• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

"Loaded" caliper opinion(s)

greenlawnjeeper

NAXJA Forum User
I'm doing my 2nd front brake job at 70K miles - the first was done at 40K with AZ rotors and carbon friction pads. Do you think it's a good idea this time to do my calipers for piece of mind? If so, I think I'll get them Loaded with pads from Rock Auto. I'm also getting new rotors - this time of "better" quality from Rock Auto even thought the cheap price AZ worked fine for the past 4 years.
Vehicle is a '96 Cherokee.

nah if they're not leaking drop the coin on slotted rotors instead and premium pads, cheap ones squeak and leave dust

Slo-Sho said:
Most times with loaded calipers they supply them with low quality pads.

I was thinking the loaded Caliper Raybestos with the PG PLUS Super Premium Ceramic Friction pads at $54 each from Rock Auto. Just though if I did the calipers now, I should be good for another 10 yrs. Sounded like a pretty good deal? No?

NAPA has the similar thing bring in old calipers for core. Faster, no shipping still around $100

Although, the vehicle IS 10+ years old, and you live in New York, with all the schmutz they spread on the road, so my vote is JUST DO IT! Most of the parts stores will offer 'lifetime' warranties on these parts, which mailorder may not.

Back