• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lions Back

I always wondered what Randy would sound like driving on a shelf road. :D

:edit: Just finished watching...That is the funniest damn thing I have watched in a long time.

Thats why trust fund babies shouldn't be allowed to have Rubicons.

Last edited:
its pretty funny at first, but i cant really blame him because i'd probably be the same way, although i'd never show the video to anyone :D

I got sweaty hands just from watching.

"locking the rear axle because someone on the forums told him to" i'm guessing it was JU

"hi i'd like to die, heres ten dollars"

i wanna give him a hug, poor guy. i'm starting to like this guy.

I've driven it once and that was enough. I think the guy is a pansy ass and that's pretty bad coming from me. :D

Back of the Lion is where it gets scary.

"Come on Micah! You can do this because you have balls of steel!" he says to himself......... OMG.

I'd be embarassed to let anyone see this with all that frightened commentary.

Great vid of what it's like to run Lion's Back though. The turnaround at the top is definitely the worst part of it. I did it years ago in a lifted '91 S-10 ext cab with a 5 sp and stock gears on 31's. I'd never do it in my current XJ - could you imagine trying to turn around at the top with 35's, a 5 sp, and Detroits front and rear? :shiver:

12GaugeXJ said:
Ive always wanted to try it, but herd it was closed. DrMoab?

Private land so you have to pay to drive it. Or at least it was a few years ago.

YELLAHEEP said:
"Come on Micah! You can do this because you have balls of steel!" he says to himself......... OMG.

I just finished it and that almost made me piss my pants.

what a 'giner...thats like the blair witch version of lions back.

Lincoln said:
Private land so you have to pay to drive it. Or at least it was a few years ago.

Yea it is private land, but I was in the chat room talkin to Kudzu a month or so back, and she said the owners closed it due to it being too dangerous or something like that. I was hoping DrMoab would chime in, since he is the doc and might know a little more.

12GaugeXJ said:
Yea it is private land, but I was in the chat room talkin to Kudzu a month or so back, and she said the owners closed it due to it being too dangerous or something like that. I was hoping DrMoab would chime in, since he is the doc and might know a little more.

Damn, that would suck.

I thought it was closed but...I keep hearing of people that are going up it. That dude said it cost ten dollars. It used to cost five.

Maybe the price is keeping people off it. When we were there a couple of weeks ago we went up there and the shack looked all boarded up so who knows.

I can completely identify with this guy.
I have a horrible fear of heights (which is why I had to do it)
I said so many of the same things to myself that I was LOL watching it.
It was truly the most terrifying 1/2 hr of my life.

Lincoln said:
Back of the Lion is where it gets scary.

I've heard this before but never seen any pics of the backside.

Got pics???

Back