• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lifted

kd5dwy

NAXJA Forum User
Installed my lift this weekend - might be the hardest I've ever worked in 110 degree heat! I was fortunate that none of the bolts broke and none of the captive nuts broke free.

BTW, there is a company local to me that custom bends U-bolts. I was able to upgrade to 1/2 inch U-bolts on the rear without any drilling - just a simple replacement. Nice to know I've got a little more meat back there.

jeep_lift.jpg

I user a Rocky Road budget boost with bar-pin eliminators. Spacers up front (you can see them in the the picture) and shackles and a space packer in the rear.

The ride is exactly like it was before the upgrade. I think it actually gave me a little more than 2" in the back.

Last edited:
what size tires 225?

Tires are 235-75R15 which works out to about 28 inches. I'd like to go to at least 30 and possibly 31 when I buy new.

BTW, these tires fit with no rubbing when I had no lift. In fact, I thought they were stock size. But it appears that Cherokees came with 215-75R15 from the factory.

kd5dwy said:
Tires are 235-75R15 which works out to about 28 inches. I'd like to go to at least 30 and possibly 31 when I buy new.

BTW, these tires fit with no rubbing when I had no lift. In fact, I thought they were stock size. But it appears that Cherokees came with 215-75R15 from the factory.

they came with 205 i believe.

Back