• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift Party!!!!

Blue 97 XJ

NAXJA Forum User
well i now have all the things needed for my BB and could use some help putting together my bastard pack.

the thing is im running out of time, i go back to school in less than a month! i have the rest of this week and weekend available, after that i only the next week open. any help would be greatly appreciated.

i have a car port to work in and a fair amount of hand tools (+ angle grinder to cut the packs), we could work at my place or if you got something better let me know.

Now the details:
1997 4.0 aw4 4x4 + CLEAN NO RUST!!!

The lift:
Front: v8 ZJ coils with Firebird coil isolators
Rear: going to use another XJ pack for the extra leafs

I'm located in Charlotte off of Rama Rd.

I will pay in pizza, gratitude, and cold drinks ( sorry no beer I'm under 21 so its BYOB)

Thank you NAXJA :wave1:

sounds like the front needs to go a little higher. i've gotten about 4" out of a bastard pack. try some 70's f100 coils, if you have time to look for them. our pullapart has them for $20 a pair, and they ride and flex pretty good. i've never been able to notice zj coils providing any lift :(
EDIT: just saw you're using xj leaves. i always use chevy S10 leaves.... lots more arc.
carry on. :D

yeah... for the same amount of money you could have done a 4.5" lift, but i can understand if that's too big for ya. yours will probably ride better and you might not have as many issues with steering, vibrations, and death wobble as i've had on some of my jeeps.

smart man:D
btw, i didn't make it to the post office today, but i'll send you those bolts first thing in the morning. i had class this morning, and then spent my afternoon wheelin. yeah, buddy!

Get any reaponse in pm? Did you post up on NC 4x4? I might could help if you were here. Not sure what is on the agenda with the wife and kids this weekend. We were just in Charlotte last night for the Paul McCartney Concert.

I don't know if this is the case but some might be scared off because of your age and afraid that you are working on a vehicle that is not titled in your name. If you go on NC 4x4 and are under 21 you have to have a sponsor by the way.

well legally speaking there are no problems and if anybody ends up coming to my place they will probably meet my dad who is ok with with the lift and would help, but construction is his thing not cars.

i may end up doing this by myself but i will be guessing at it, all i am hoping for is some help from somebody who has done a bastard pack before so i don't mess something up.

i hope i dont come off sounding pissy i know your trying to help, thank you.

well legally speaking there are no problems and if anybody ends up coming to my place they will probably meet my dad who is ok with with the lift and would help, but construction is his thing not cars.

i may end up doing this by myself but i will be guessing at it, all i am hoping for is some help from somebody who has done a bastard pack before so i don't mess something up.

i hope i dont come off sounding pissy i know your trying to help, thank you.

Nope not at all. I just wish I had more people closer that I could help or could help me! :)

Actually they lowered the age to 18, but if ya wanna come over to NC4x4 I will help you get involved. Lots of good folks, and its not because you can't offer beer lol. Don't get me wrong, NAXJA is a great place, but the members are so far apart it is difficult.

Get on NC4x4, lots of things going on all the time. What I would do is post:

Hey,
My name is __________, I recently got a jeep and am wanting to lift it, I have limited knowledge but am anxious to learn, I am 19 years old, willing to travel a bit if it helps, and willing to cover lunch/dinner or whatever for everyone wanting to help.

I am doing a budget lift, I have ZJ coils I want to put upfront, and I wan't to make a bastard pack for the rear. Any help will be appreciated.

----------------------------

Side note, not sure if your around Winston/Greensboro often, I think I still have 2 inch coil spacers, can loan you some coil compressers I just found sifting through the garage also if needed.

I just got down to Bragg so I know the feeling of not knowing who to get a hold of to help or even feeling not very involved and if you were just a bit closer I'd be there to help. I had to sell my xj before I left michigan and now its time to find and rebuild another. If you are ever over this way and need anything let me know

I can't help you out with the lift, but I did the 2 inch spacer up front and 2 extra leaves from another XJ in the stock pack and mine sits perfectly level.

When are you wanting to do the lift? I might be able to help you out. I live in Charlotte around providence.

Back