• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

License Plate Mount Options for Swing-Away Tire Carrier

IH8RDS said:
I just drilled four holes to the left of the tire (mine is in the center) for the licence plate into the hatch and put in plastic nut plates. I bought a licence plate light from Walmart and tapped it into the original harness and screwed it into the hatch with self tapping screws. Way low tech but effective.

Licenceplate.JPG

my guess would be i hate roads

JrTxJ-Why go thru all the hassle of blurrin your plate number when you can still clearly see it in the other pic? :confused:

Nice setup tho

I have the same one. AEV-conversions.com, whose website seems to be under construction at the moment.

Licenseplate1.jpg

EricsXJ said:
Sorry its not a close-up, but I'm using the AEV license plate bracket w/LED mounted to the body. It was pretty easy to install and the LED is really nice. And I know people will ask so: no they don't make the rear bumper and tire carrier anymore, but yes you should still be able to buy the license plate kit.

csprings09M.jpg

i think offroad only is the same one as the aev...i have the aev one ...oh btw MYXJ22...the bumper is working out great

I just used 2 self tapping screws and fastened it to the swingarm. I have had it set up like this for 3 years with no illumination with no hassle from the law. Course, here in Indiana, we don't really have the vehicle restriction nazis other states do.

red_01_xj said:
i think offroad only is the same one as the aev...i have the aev one ...oh btw MYXJ22...the bumper is working out great

Actually it's not at all. The ORO LitePLATE (which we've got on both our rigs) isn't designed as a 'stand alone' light and mount, like the AEV one, you've got to have an existing plate mount, like the nifty tire carrier mounted plate from ORO/RockHard4x4 (which we're also using). The ORO LitePLATE also has a built-in 3rd brakelight, it's pretty slick.

FWIW, I've got a brand new (still in the bag) AEV light/plate bracket for sale. I was originally going to use it, but went with the ORO stuff instead.

EricsXJ said:
Sorry its not a close-up, but I'm using the AEV license plate bracket w/LED mounted to the body. It was pretty easy to install and the LED is really nice. And I know people will ask so: no they don't make the rear bumper and tire carrier anymore, but yes you should still be able to buy the license plate kit.

csprings09M.jpg
x2, and mine is in just about the same place. Very happy with this product. No issues, and LED's put out plenty O light.
FallforAll06014.jpg

Back