• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leveling help?!

man, you can barely even tell. why worry about it? just driving the jeep and the way you pull in and park it will have an effect on the way it "sits? However, your tires do look a bit off. Like previous posts the main thing to check are factory alignment specs. Is can be visual, hell worn tires can make it look off. Ball joints would be the last thing although depending on how much you wheel and the age of the XJ, might not be a bad idea to look at them or replace them anyway.

Last edited:
Yea but i don't have the money to "eat" through tires.

-PJ-

Gotcha, maybe I didn't read the post close enough, didn't realize eating through tires was an issue. I would get toe checked and like I mentioned before I would replace the ball joints. They probably need it anyway since it is 20 yrs old. Sure it can be a PITA but they are relatively easy to replace yourself versus spending a rediculous amount for a mechanic to do it. Guys around her want like $500 to do all four, I laughed when I got that quote and the guy looked at me like I was crazy and could not do it myself. Check out rockauto.com, they have spicer and moog which are good choices

Last edited:
Do then ball joints will fix the camber? i will replace those anyways. do i measure from tire to tire or what?

-PJ-

Cherokees don't have camber adjustment per se, they just have caster adjustment. However, by replacing the old ball joints with new ones, in a way you are adjusting your camber back to normal, assuming the old ones were worn out and allowing slop. You can buy offest balljoints which will allow minor adjustment of camber. You shouldn't need them unless you have a bent housing or knuckles (due to hard wheeling/jumping).

Tire to tire measurement is for toe. Look at go jeeps website: go.jeep-xj.info he has a write up how to give yourself an alignment.

I would replace all ball joints, do the go-jeep alignment and that should be it

Back