• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Let's talk trailers

Nice looking trailer, and sure looks like a great deal.

It's just sitting there..

fawking taunting me..

**exhales**
Man, you just might want to go put a hitch lock on the tongue, and run a chain through the wheels.....

Actually, there is 1 thing about that trailer I didn't notice when I first looked at the pics. My 10k trailer has a square tube drop leg jack at the front edge of the deck. Even with my CTD loaded up on it, the jack never works hard. The jack that you have looks a little skimpy in comparison.

That jack looks small? Weird. It's super easy to use with the jeep on. And the leg drops with a pin so you don't have to crank it down a foot.

Some better shots.

193ed123.jpg

4c504dd3.jpg

42733653.jpg

ce948edc.jpg

8e961be4.jpg

7df09401.jpg

Much more substantial jack than I thought it was.

What kind of trailer was it?

Kinda like the one you just bought but home made and a little bit bigger. But that is the reason I sold it because it was kinda big for what I need. That and I used the money for part of the down on my motorhome witch is sucking me dry.

Dave

1871b4ee-4bd0-ea3f.jpg

Found a pic.

Since you made this posting I've been trying to wheel and deal a RV frame out of a guy at work. I want something really light and short just enough room to fit a Cherokee on.

Dave

thats a much nicer trailer then what i used to haul my jeep to nwfest last year. mind if i ask how much yours weighs?
imag0480j.jpg

Nice setup Nick, I love hauling things on a trailer, I guess in a past life I use to be a trucker. :) I did drive my moms Kenworth a couple of times. Her and her boyfreind drove semis for a couple of years, she said it was a good way to see the United States and get paid.

I haven't thought TOO much about it, but I'm considering upgrading to a 10k trailer, and may be interested in selling mine. 18' STEEL deck, 83" between fenders IIRC, beaver tail, front storage box. Recent bearing service, brakes, tires. Includes TWO spare tires on wheels, ramps. Has lots of tie downs, LED Lighting, new tongue jack, etc. Has rail in front with 2" receiver, winch not included. Fenders are slightly beat up, could use paint. Licensed as an '05 IIRC. Been well maintained, no issues.

$1850

I don't have any pics of it but can snap some.

Id like to see some pics. I looked at a new big tex 18f 7k with a beaver tail and sliding ramps. They are asking $2450. I am going to get ahold of the guy that is always posting on portland craigslist about building trailers. He has a 16ft for 1850 listed but i really want an 18 ft

Back