• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Let's talk about a wheeling trip...

Well to sum up what we have discussed so far
It looks like Naches July 24-25.

Potential trail leader list includes
Hards91xj
Aventeone
Ecksjay
JJ13's TJ Friend?

Have I forgot anyone?

Fire and bear dangers, now that is how you add to a weekend of fun party1:
(I could possibly bring my pup (well behaived 100lb German Shep with a bark to match))

Does all of this sound right?
Remember there is nothing in cement yet so any changes are possible.

wheeling in the great PNW

Hey everyone! I'm new, but from the Eastern side of the Cascades. As for the fest you guys are comin up with, I know theres some good runs up on White and Chinook pass to run that are readilly accecable from the highways, and that have some nice campgrounds close by. If you can get in touch with anyone from the Lower Valley Canyon Crawlers (go through the PNW4WDA official website) i'm sure that those guys could give some good info on the trails. Right now I'd be hoping for a summer wheeling event. Currently I'm in Iraq, deployed in support of operation Iraqi Freedom, but would love to be involved, somehow, someway, even if it just meant riding along because my XJ is still in Germany. If you guys need any more help or info, I'd be glad to help!

Kristen

Ecksjay
Hey, was reading through the forum and found you guys are looking for some good trails for the Naches run. If you get in contact with the Lower Valley Canyon Crawlers, I know for a fact that they run some of the good trails both up at Rimrock, and over on the chinook pass.. (lily pads, funny rocks). You can find the lower valley canyon crawlers through PNW4WDA's official website: www.pnw4wda.com i belive it is. Would love to be involved somehow. If you can get the crawlers to show you some trails, you'd have a lot of fun. I've wheeled with them as a passenger since i was a tyke and have always found it enjoyable. The people are great, even if there is a 'toy or two runnin around. You will definitely find theres quite a selection of jeeps that like to run the trails from willys to cj's to a brand new rubicon or two.

Kristen

p.s. will try to get you the site for the canyon crawlers if you want, just send me an email at [email protected] or [email protected]

PNW01XJ said:
Fire and bear dangers, now that is how you add to a weekend of fun party1:
(I could possibly bring my pup (well behaived 100lb German Shep with a bark to match))

Doesn't it sound great!? Would love to see the 'pup', Hans. I've had a couple myself and miss the hell out of them. :(

Ladywolf, good to see you here. Keep safe over there and make it back to the States, you hear? Sent you an e-mail. Thanks for the contact info.

John90XJ said:
We'd better rustle up some money so John can join. You can't lead a trail run unless you have the sticker.:anon:

If all John needs is the sticker, I'll loan him mine [:D]

Well seems like things are going in a good direction now... Naches is a fun place with a ton of trails for every modification level, as said above. Ive been to Naches a few times and wont mind helping out. Bears dont bother me and neither does fire danger, you just have to bring some common sence with you. I lived in leavenworth and had bears in the yard and a forest fire across the street, I dont have a glock and im still alive. Pretty much any weekend is good for me. Sounds fun and hope to meet some of you all.

BTW great job Steve glad to see your work paying off.

Thanks Tim. It really wasn't much work at all. Just had to figure out what needed to be done, cross the 'I's and dot the 'T's :D

It would be better to have Members lead, however, I do not believe you need be a NAXJA Member to lead, and definitely don't have to be a member to participate. After all, leaders are just the first guy in line :)

Ladywolf: If you make it back over here in time for our run, we will absolutely find you a seat. Many thanks from all of us here, to all of you over there! Be safe.

Steve

Willis

Thanks for the offer, I will hold you to it. Not sure when yet I'll be home, possibly in may or june if you guys are gonna do a run then. I'm tryin to get stationed at ft lewis after my tour in germany is done later this year so then i'll be able to hit a few more runs with you guys. Be safe and have fun 'wheelin in them thar hills iffen i cant make it!

Kristen

not to interrupt the post but anyone in the vancouver wa area or around it wheeled at larch mountain? by washougal? just wanted to see if its worth my time

diff question

Hey Ecksjay or Timb, have you guys ever heard of Crane Diff covers and stuff? They've ran a couple of articles using them in both JP mag. and Four Wheeler, and I was wonderin if you guys knew anyone who had used 'em. I was thinkin about gettin some, since I will need diff prot. eventually. Hope to hear back from you guys soon, and maybe we'll go Wheeling!

Kristen

ladywolf said:
Hey Ecksjay or Timb, have you guys ever heard of Crane Diff covers and stuff? They've ran a couple of articles using them in both JP mag. and Four Wheeler, and I was wonderin if you guys knew anyone who had used 'em. I was thinkin about gettin some, since I will need diff prot. eventually. Hope to hear back from you guys soon, and maybe we'll go Wheeling!

Kristen

E-mailed ya.

ladywolf said:

Kristen

I just have stock covers on mine. I would like to get the Crane covers but they're more $$ than i have to spend right now.

ladywolf said:

Kristen

I haven't seen the Crane covers so I can't comment on them, but I would suggest that you check out the diff cover protectors from Avalanche. I'm using a 4X Doctor diff cover protector, but I don't really like it. It has a tendency to lossen up the diff cover bolts. If I would just stop banging it against rocks it would probally be fine, but I like hitting rocks. Wish I had bought the version from Avalanche, then I could hit the rocks without worry.

diff covers

I was just wonderin cuz i've seen a couple of articles on them in both JP mag and petersons offroad, i think. dont remember. things over here have been a little hairy the past couple of days, but everything is ok. i bought my lift kit! 3.5'' RE super flex. so hopefully when i come home it will be a fairly simple install. got any ideas to make it go faster? Hope to wheel with you guys when i get to come home in leave this spring!

Kris

I have been wheeling little naches for 5 years now, and i love it. I am planning on starting to run it this year around the middle of aprail, i go for the weekends. I have been on most all of the trails up there. If anyone is interested in going,any time, we can set up a weekend, e-mail me at [email protected]
thanks
josh

Mid April could be a little early for that area , Snow ,Chinook Pass won`t be open yet ,It`s a long haul around to get there from the West side.

jeepxj35MTR said:
mid aprial there is still a lot of snow up there, but that just makes it more fun!

Many of the trails are still closed then...and don't officially open up until later. Last year a group went up there and were picked up by the local cops. Not generally a thing to advocate. ;) But hey, if you know trails that are open at that time let us know. That could be fun...

wheelin trip

If I may input my opinion, I could email my brother or my grandma and ask which trails are open early and which arent. They both belong to the Lower Valley Canyon Crawlers, and they run the area quite frequently so it should be fairly easy to find out. things here in my area are ok, the weather is DEFINITELY warming up. Hopefully will be outta this hellhole within the next 2 months, then JEEPIN HERE I COME! Hope to see you guys all out there!

Kristen

Back