• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Let's see your Radio Control rides

Hoboken Hobo said:
Those are some cute toys. My kids would love to play with them.

Many of these aint for kids!

I compete nationally in the 2.2 crawler class....finished 28th in the nation last year........trying for a top 10 this year.

The crawlers are not kits, each is built by hand and no 2 are identical.

They are still cute. I remember playing with R/C stuff when I was a kid. Was a ton of fun. My first gas powered R/C rig was a dune buggy and was a blast.

rockwerks said:

I compete nationally in the 2.2 crawler class....finished 28th in the nation last year........trying for a top 10 this year.

rockwerks said:

By the time we get done with any of them, they're no longer much alike.

I dig all the stuff shown so far too guys!

Found another truck tonight in the attic I forgot I even had: RC10T. 98XJSport thanks for the tip on how to post pics. Now all I need is a digital camera! LOL

rockwerks said:
or radio glitch, or low battery, or control rod failure, or, or ,or LOL

and I gotta say the CAR thing is noting like the RC crawler thing, nothing even close
it's just like jeeping, a properly built/maintained rig has a low chance of failure.
Most "radio" problems are dumb thumbs on the pilot's part, or battery failure.
I've only seen a control rod fail when the pilot was doing something that the aircraft was not designed to take. High speed dives with a trainer will fold the wings when you pull out.

87manche said:
all these cars, no airplanes?
I've got no pics, but there's a .40 sized ultimate and a Cap 232 with an os 70 4 stroke on it in my basement.
and an old cressline long ez kit that's about 30% done.
Damned jeep has stopped me from flying though.

In stock form the plane can reach 100mph, and just as manuveralble as the real thing.. With the extra light weight equipment its capable of faster speeds.. Remember this IS NOT A PROP JOB, it is FAN INDUCTED
So here it is:
An RC F/A-18 Hornet Fan inducted jet
wingspan: 27.5in
length: 38in
power plant: 1 wemo MF480 electric motor

GWT-4A 4 ch FM Radio Transmitter with changable crystals
CD computer software

Ultra fast charger
Battery
2 ultra light wieght servos (extra light to make the plane faster)
Speed controller/ reciever

3_FA18Hornet.jpg

I also have a Nitro MT that Ive modified, put a bigger OS motor in, 2 speed tranny, carbon fiber A arms, beefed up the suspension, and more odds and end.. Everyone calls it the rabbit on crack

Odd... ive never seen this thread but i got an Email notice lol.
i did however reply to an Older RC post here today..

anyhow, id LOVE to build a crawler, i really want to build a clod axled stick chasis setup, but being in palm beach FL i have no where to crawl
the best i can hope for is trails and mudding

I do have a Tmaxx 2.5 with a Ton of aluminum parts
and a Steel forward only conversion
this truck is great for bashing

and a 1/18 MLST with a MIP center diff and Losi viscous front and rear diffs on a 2 cell lipo

anyone know of a decent place to crawl near palm beach?

heres my old Clod crawler. I custom built the whole thing. I used to sell the chassis, If anyone wants one I might be able to make you one for like $50(plus materials)
dsci00585qo.jpg

i30100141ck.jpg

pic13.jpg

I raced electric on/off road through the early 90's and have been out of it for a while. I got a REVO last year and have had more fun than all my electric years put together (Just remember to follow the break in procedures or you will be stuck resleeving your new engine.)

I love destroying little kids sand castles then running circles around them.
c20c181d.jpg

DSCN0380.jpg

and the real deal
HPIM1171.jpg

This will be the next in my RC arsenal.
LOSB0230-9.jpg

LOSB0230-cha-b.jpg

WE5M4204.jpg

Not that I know of, Ive searched on and off. Would love to find one though.

spoo76 said:
has anyone ever seen or found a cherokee body?

this topic came up a while ago. I ran a 1/10 scale cherokee body way back in the day and mccallisterracing.com sells them , they are about 14 dollers per body, just email the and he'll get you one. They are not advertised on his site.

PM rockwerks, he sells the mcallister one and is working on producing a realistic XJ body based off a 4 door. Let me know if you find a monster truck version.

kinda jeepspeedy:
attachment.php

juryrigjalopy said:
this topic came up a while ago. I ran a 1/10 scale cherokee body way back in the day and mccallisterracing.com sells them , they are about 14 dollers per body, just email the and he'll get you one. They are not advertised on his site.

PM rockwerks, he sells the mcallister one and is working on producing a realistic XJ body based off a 4 door. Let me know if you find a monster truck version.

kinda jeepspeedy:
attachment.php

I sell all 4 of those bodies exclusively for Mcallister now, and shipped price of 21.50 each is 70 cents cheaper than the MFGR.

I am still working on the xj body.............anyone know of a cheap cnc company to help out with 3d modeling? LOL

Right now IM doing all the forms by hand:wow:

Id love to have a realiastic 4door Xj

what about some other model or toy XJ close to 1/10 or even close to 1/18 for my MLST
im sure i can make a lexan body from a mold of another toy

Hell even a Grand cherokee would be cool.. .
maybee even a grand wagoneer ;)

There was someone who put a Jurasic Park XJ body on a Wally crawler.

It was in the huge wally crawler thread. Looked really cool, but was very top heavy.

ive seen those micro-t's run for about 70bucks. i deposit my next check thursday. :shhh: shhh

Back