• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lets see your flex... Long-arms!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing too dramatic here. Was my first run on the new build (Old was OEM arms, 3", open/open, and 31's) so I was still getting a feel for the new setup.

2006-01-17+027.jpg

PICT0104.JPG

TNT Y-Link kit, roughly 6" lift, 35" Maxxis Bighorns

Re: RTI Ramp Questions!

Hey guys, glad to see you noticed the 4-link and coilovers on the ramp! There's a couple reasons for it:
1.) You can't see it in the previous pictures very well, but there's a screw-jack above the coilovers so I can lift the ramp off the ground, and tow it as a trailer, and the 4-link gives enough travel for that to happen.
2.) Being towed as a trailer, it rides REALLY nice! Ever seen a fixed axle trailer going (more like bouncing) down the road? This thing pulls like a dream!!
3.) MOST IMPORTANT!! 'Cause how many RTI ramps have a 4-link, coilovers, and 35's - it's just cool, and it makes people ask WHY? :shocked:

Ramp_03.jpg

Oh, and since we're supposed to post some pics of FLEX.... Here's one I built a while ago... Too much to list, but here goes...
- 7.5" RE Longarm Lift Kit
- Bushwacker Cut-Out Fender Flares
- Modified Bumpstops to limit upward travel an extra 2"
- Almost-Full-Width Axles (Ford 8.8" Rear, Currie Hi 9" Front)
- 35" Swamper TrXus M/T tires
- Then everything else, TNT Frame Stiffeners, Internal Cage tied into Stiffeners, Custom Crossover Steering, Custom Track Bar, Custom Hydro Assist with AGR pump, ARB's front and rear, On-Board Air, Atlas 4-speed Transfer Case, Bilstein Shocks, Chromo Axles all around, Super Joints, Chevy Disc Brakes & Calipers on Ford Hubs to keep 5 on 5.5" bolt pattern, also to match rear Ford 8.8" with the Super 88 kit... and the list goes on, but suffuce it to say it's got the best of the best!!

Stephan_04.jpg

Stephan_03.jpg

7.5" lift, 36 TSL's, 65" WMS, lots of trimming, limiting straps, still breaking in the leafs

IMG_0547.jpg

IMG_0549.jpg

This shows the RK with 35's pretty well. The commentary is by Paintchecker. He thinks I'm in two wheel drive at first.(some of you may understand this)

Longarms don't always flex better than short by the way....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back