• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lets make a donation!

That's some great info, Crystal.

If all goes as planned we should be getting started on building trails next month. We could easily do a camp out in the Yacolt Burn during a work party weekend if some people want to make the trek down. I'll be sure to post up the work parties as they begin to happen.

Lets wait an see what we find out about Kaner Flats, and then we can determine which cause we'd like to make a donation to.

this comment is truely why naxja has issues. you guys down south are up to date with whats going on with Yacolt and TSF but nothing else. From time to time you might see a thread about walker or reiter but not even close to the threads about TSF and Yacolt. Yes it takes time to get informed about whats happening in Washington but no one wants to take the initiative to be informed.

I thought I would throw in my 2 cents. I am a club member of piston's wild and also the Washington State Land Maters liaison. I bring as much as I can about the hole state of Washington’s land matters to the meeting every month. Keep in mind our club has been working on this project for more than 3 years and it's just starting to come true. Know is the time to invest the money and the time to build this trail system the right way. This is supposed to be a WORLD CLASS OHV park, and it will in time. This is going to take money and lots of effort to make it. So needless to say it's not that "you guy's down south" don't care about all of Washington’s land matters. But that we spend most of our time working on the trail system that is going into our back yard just like most of the 4x4 clubs around the state do. I don't expect people from Mt. Vernon to come down and work on the trail system that is going in 288 miles away. So don't be mad at us for asking for NAXJA to donate money to trail system that sum of there members are going to use. Sorry about the rave I will expect some bad messages about this, but I felt like I needed to post something that shows that the people down south do care about the rest of the state.

Icemans

Sorry for the letting this fall off the table for awhile, but life kind of got busy there for awhile.

Thanks to those who helped track down information. For the past couple weeks I've been trying to get information on Kaner Flats and the Naches trail system. I got in touch with the Region 4 PNW4WDA Director, and was told our best bet would be contacting the Naches Ranger District for information on funding and trail maintenance. The problem is I cannot for the life of me get in touch with the trail crew department. I was told today they laid off a bunch of people last week, so I know they are operating shorthanded up there right now. I did leave another message with them today, so we'll see.

In the meantime though while I keep digging for information on the area, I'd like to go ahead and take advantage of National's Matching Funds program. I think we agreed that Reiter is still a ways from breaking ground on actual trails, but will likely be a great candidate for next year. Right now though I think the most deserving candidate would be the Yacolt Burn. Trail construction will likely be starting very soon, and that's when funding and volunteers will become crucial.

Also, we will still have money left in the piggy bank, so in the mean time we can still look into helping restore the bridge on Kaner Flats. I think that would be a great project to help out with next year. From what I've been told there's several active clubs in the area we could partner up with on the project. I would just like to talk with the trail crew department first, and see what they have to say about donations, and what it would take to get the ball rolling. I think a Naches work party run may be in order for next year.

Back