• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LEOs with sweet ninja skills; nunchucku

kujito

NAXJA Forum User
So I'm waiting for my breakfast burritos, when a Thornton PD officer walks in. I noticed a strange looking item on his duty belt and just had to ask.

Enter the OPN III (Orcutt Police Nunchucku). www.orcuttopn.com
Apparently the guy I talked with really likes them. Easier to carry than a straight stick, and the intimidation/fear of the unknown factor makes encounter de-escalation easier.

Any of you local LEO types carry these things? Your thoughts?

I just thought it was pretty cool, if a bit odd. Makes sense though, I'd def. think twice if I saw some cop was about to go all ninja style on me. :insert ninja smilie:

I had a friend who was quite proficient with them. I guess they take a bit of practice, my friend sait he nailed himself a couple of times when he was first starting.

There not to be used as a striking weapon for the most part - some agencies might train to use them as impact weapons to the extremities (forearms, upper arms, legs, common peronial, etc) but mostly as a control hold tool as shown in the pic on that link you posted. Takes a lot of practice to be real good with those in an actual fight situation. Those things can really do some damage to a wrist.

i asked a school cop about those when i was in grade school. he kindly took them out and gave me a demo. he was very gentle but my wrist still hurt after the fact. lol. they work very well.

There not to be used as a striking weapon for the most part - some agencies might train to use them as impact weapons to the extremities (forearms, upper arms, legs, common peronial, etc) but mostly as a control hold tool as shown in the pic on that link you posted. Takes a lot of practice to be real good with those in an actual fight situation. Those things can really do some damage to a wrist.
X2 we can carry them but they require alot of training on how to use them properly. I carry a ASP and hardly use it. Even the ASP requires alot of training, you cant just walk up and begin to beat people with it:wierd:. It does make a great door knocker and car window breaker though, oh and to poke deer,elk and other animals with to see if there "really" dead.

Back