• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LED Taillights on 96+ XJ

Right now I have the EP-26 relay plugged in, and they operate the turn signals just fine at a normal rate. They DO NOT operate the hazards at all though. The EP-26 relay does not have the pin for the hazards. I still have to tie the wires together on the back of the relay panel, like Jeepin Jason did.

So Farmermatt, let me get this straight...you took out the factory relay (which should be an EP-27 or equivalent) and put in an EP-27 (which is actually the Tridon/Stant part number) that you got from NAPA (Autozone, Pep Boys, Advance have also) and your turn signals and hazards blink normally? Hmmm...maybe the factory relay is different somehow? I might have to try it.

Andy

wait... i'm retarded... take out stock flasher, put OEM replacement in from NAPA, and it works normal?

brandon
is this becuase the OEM replacement was made to fit all year XJ's and not just pre 97's with?

shimmy said:
wait... i'm retarded... take out stock flasher, put OEM replacement in from NAPA, and it works normal?

brandon
is this becuase the OEM replacement was made to fit all year XJ's and not just pre 97's with?

listen, shimmy.. when i say it's easy as pie.. i really mean that.

goto Napa, Pepboys, Autozone.. whatever. buy a replacement electronic #EP-27 flasher, take your old one out, put in the new one and you're good to go. the hardest part out of all of this is actually driving to the store.

We're using the EP-27 replacement flasher and Draw-tite converters. haven't had a single problem yet.

formatt said:

goto Napa, Pepboys, Autozone.. whatever. buy a replacement electronic #EP-27 flasher, take your old one out, put in the new one and you're good to go. the hardest part out of all of this is actually driving to the store.

We're using the EP-27 replacement flasher and Draw-tite converters. haven't had a single problem yet.

ahh, i'm on my way to the store! fo shizzle

Farmer Matt/Formatt,
OK, I am a believer!! I picked up a Tridon/Stant EP-27 relay at Autozone on Saturday. Slapped that sucker in and Holy Crap!! :thumbup:

So, as the good farmer has said, for LED's go to one of your local auto parts stores and get the OEM replacement Tridon/Stant Ep-27 relay. For some reason it works!! Sorry for doubting you, I'm not worthy. :worship:

Thanks for the help guys.

Andy

formatt said:

Sorry to post to this old thread hasta , but comes closest to solving our issue. We just put some tail lights on the 96 XJ and the only issue noticed is an increase in the flash rate of the turn signals when braking. Everything else is golden. Hanes manual say the flashers should be on the top right and bottom left corners of the fuse block?
DSC03725.JPG

Pretty obvious the spots aren't being used.

Is this blue cube which was under the area by the driver's knees the relay you all are talking about replacing in the thread?
DSC03722.JPG

Went to Autozone and got a EP-27. When we plugged it in the turn signals operated at near stock frequency with the brakes applied. :sunshine: Will do a write up with pictures soon :paperwork . Thanks Martin

Back