• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LeBaron hood vents installed

tysonxj said:
Don't forget to protect your windshield when you are doing the cutting! I have heard of a couple people that ended up with serious pitting from the sparks / metal frags.
I have some of these vents if anyone is interested.
Chris

Just another reason that I pulled my hood off the jeep for the cutting ;) Also, if you use a jigsaw instead of a cutting wheel, you wont need to worry about pitting the windshield or anything else when you are cutting. Just make sure to mask the area well if you like your paint job :shocked:

Here is the pic of the Trans Am vents digger4u sent me.

vents.sized.jpg

thanx extreme, i guess i dont take the best of pics do i. Oh well one of these days ill figure out how to post a pic then i can play with the new camera. Thanx Again.Digger

Hey STICK the vents are in that way because I want to pull air out as it goes accross the hood not force the air in .
ZOOMBIE the vents are placed back far enough on the hood that they dont give me any water problems, plus they come with screens to keep all the crap out.

I’m using a set of hood vents off of YJs. Looks very similar to xtremewlr’s. When I reinstalled the hood I used washers on the back set of bolts (next to cab) to raise it a ½”. You can’t tell a difference looking from the side, but it really helped to get the hot air from under the hood.

digger4u said:
Hey STICK the vents are in that way because I want to pull air out as it goes accross the hood not force the air in .
ZOOMBIE the vents are placed back far enough on the hood that they dont give me any water problems, plus they come with screens to keep all the crap out.

Sorry, from the pic I couldn't really tell which way the slats were slanted. I think on the TAs they were turned around....Right? But they were also at the front of the hood with would look like crap. I'll post some pics of the 280Z vents when I get them....My first cutting endevor....Pray for me people...lol

Stick said:
Here are the vents I bought
i have the same type, i am going to use a top off a old dryer to get the pattern right before i cut my hood.

cut the hole out in the dryer top, sheetmetal, to make a pattern to mark the hood with. so i can use the 3 bolts in the vents.

You could just use cardboard too.

yes, buy with sheetmetal i can fab up mounting brackets and make the hole fit tight around the vent, besides i have all the used appliances i can use.

Stick said:
Here are the vents I bought
78_1.JPG

I almost snagged some of those from the junkyard instead of the LeBaron ones. The only thing I didnt like about the 280z ones was that they dont have nearly the same amount of open space in them that the lebarons do. I think they will still get the job done tho.

JohnJohn said:
Got any under side pics. I need to do those too. I have a set, just need to install...PROPERLY.

Here's the link to the install of these vents: http://www.ericsxj.com/vents.htm

I have a set for sale as well as the Datsun Turbo ones.

Back