• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaf Springs

lrsmithwhaley

NAXJA Forum User
Will the leaf springs from a 97+ Cherokee fit a 1991 Jeep Cherokee with out modification? I am looking for donor packs and all I can find here are 97+ Cherokee's.

The suspension should change over between all the years. What are you trying to do add leaves to the pack or find a replacement set to keep it at stock heighth?

I have found 3 Cherokee so I was gonna use one pair to get the sag outta my rear so I won't rub so much, and then build another pack and when I lift the front install that pack.

Learn from my experience. Better off just leaving in your main, and putting in a dakota pack minus the overload leaf. Don't waste your money adding in another XJ pack at all like I did. Then just put in ZJ coil springs in the front, and spacers will level it out for a nice BB [when all said and done I"ll be sitting at just under 3"] Wish I did it this way to start with. Now I have a useless set of XJ leaf springs. Not bad shape, but wasn't worth the money I paid for them as I just had to redo them adding in the dakotas' to get what I wanted.

Simply cut the eyes off, and they fit in perfectly. The money you save can pay for say, your spacers.
Cost for me was approx. $50 for both the dakota packs, $40 for both coil springs. Spacers will cost me $40 [CDN$$] All were from a upic.
The XJ ones I paid $80 as I had to have them cut of the XJ, and they didn't do that great of a job cutting them off for me. It only got me from 2" understock to 1" over stock as my leafs were totally shot.

Back