• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaf spring sliders

That's a good point, with all the crap I carry back there when I go out it may hurt more than help.

the load capacity has nothing to do with shackle angle and everything to do with spring rate. having sliders vs shackles back there makes no difference,
unless your shackles are setup incorrectly.

I've had these in my garage waiting to go on for forever. I think the idea is great, I just haven't taken the time to rip apart my rear suspension to install them. Heard great things about them from the guys I know running them.

There has been several people e-mail them about testing them and they will do it on a first come first serve to who ever will buy them at wholesale, test them and do a write up on them and they will refund your money at the end.

Im against them personally, im sure over time a few good rock smashed and they would be bent to the point where it couldnt slide freely anymore.

I don't understand the advantage these give you. I mean for $250 plus whatever shipping runs I would think they're the cats meow compared to a traditional shackle set-up. :dunno:

There has been several people e-mail them about testing them and they will do it on a first come first serve to who ever will buy them at wholesale, test them and do a write up on them and they will refund your money at the end.

/\this... I just recieved an email from the the other day about this.. After a 1 yr test and complete write up and sent back to them, a full refund will be given. Not sure if you get to keep them or what the "whole sale" cost is though.

I already have JKS shackles matched with 5" BDS leafs. Might be interesting to try something else out though just for tones and giggles.:dunno:

I don't understand the advantage these give you. I mean for $250 plus whatever shipping runs I would think they're the cats meow compared to a traditional shackle set-up. :dunno:

They are but if you run a lowcog rig they'll kill your uptravel a bit..

They look like they will work just fine as described ... there will be some loss of up and down travel as the rear of the spring now moves in a fixed plane forward and back. With a traditional shackle you get extra up/down travel from the shackle swing itself.

Interesting idea, but looks like it'd be more at home for the street crowd really.

Exactly - why would they affect up or down travel for that matter. It looks like they cover the same ground as a shackle but they take a different path for that movement. That's why I don't understand the benefit or advantage. Am I missing something?

there is a considerable stability increase over a long shackle setup.

They look like they will work just fine as described ... there will be some loss of up and down travel as the rear of the spring now moves in a fixed plane forward and back. With a traditional shackle you get extra up/down travel from the shackle swing itself.

Interesting idea, but looks like it'd be more at home for the street crowd really.

search around on pirate. they do pretty damn well offroad.

Yeah, and so did revolvers, and drop shackles and 3/4 elip which were "the latest newest thing" at one time too ... I didn't say they wouldn't work, just that I don't see them working as well as a standard shackle would with regards to up/down travel. A standard spring shackle mount allows for both vertical and lateral movement of the rear spring eye, these only allow lateral movement. There is no leverage factor involved either so it's all straight spring rate there, but that's not nessecarily a bad thing either.
Wonder how they'd work if mounted on an angle? Or with a built in arc of movement?
Like I said, interesting idea ... but I've seen lots of interesting ideas come and go over the years. I can see these being one of the less problematic rear spring retainer methods around, certainly eliminates the unloading associated with the aforementioned systems.

I have them on my rig, have done for a year now. Ride quality is much better, no signs of wear and i drive my truck daily. Offroad they are way more stable than shackles, the problem with a shackle is once it passes vertical your spring rate changes and the spring unloads, with the slider it doesn't. Huge difference climbing overe obstacles that have you off camber, truck is rock solid now. I didn't lose any flex, the spring twists instead.
RockfestSedona2012229.jpg

Back