• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaf retaining plate question

fxdlrider

NAXJA Forum User
I'm swaping in an 8.8 and I've got the metal I'm going to use for the top plates, but I'm wondering what size hole do I need to drill for the head of the spring retaining bolt. Does anyone have a set of plates out they could measure? My 8.25 is still under the jeep and I'm not wanting to tear it out until I get all of the parts together for the swap. Thanks for the help.

I just went and measured the retainer hole on an old 35 I have out back. 1/2" !
My son is doing the same swap right now. He burned up a 8.25 and has his old
35 under it now. He is going to buy perches from the spring shop . He is going
with a spool on his. Are you locking yours ?

Last edited:
I will eventually. I bought it with 3.55 gears to match the front so I could do the axle swap and lockers at the same time. When I save up again I'll do gears. Did he get his axle tubes welded ok? I ended up going with nickel rod on the stick welder. Preheated with my torch and then cooled it by waving around it a couple more times. It wasn't as big of deal as what some make it out to be. I used the crayon trick to tell when I had it warm enough. Thanks for the measurment.

Back