• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

last susp question

taco502

NAXJA Forum User
for a 97, I have the MJ shackles but should I use a Dakota main leaf or an MJ main leaf for my add-a-leaf, I want to net 2" with MJ shackle. Which one is easier? better ? thanks.

Both will be equally easy/difficult, because you have to cut the eyes off anyway.

If you are going to MJ shackles, that's worth about 1/2" right there. If you want to end up with a total of 2" I don't think you want either the MJ or the Dakota main leaf. That'll give you more than 2".

I put a pair of well-used '89 XJ main leaves into a pair of well-used (165,000 miles) '88 XJ springs and netted 1-1/4". At NACFest one the the guys was running the same setup but in a 2000 XJ and he netteed between 1-1/2" and 2" using stock shackles.

So my advice would be to go with the MJ shackles and XJ main leaves. That should put you right where you want to be.

Back