• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Last Reiter run of the year

We don't need a separate land use forum for the NWC. If you've got a land use issue that needs attention then start a thread for it.

this comment is what makes this place a "how do I fit 37" on a 2.5" lift" site. No one here is informed on what is going on with the land. True I do see some posts about TSF but nothing about Washington State and this is the reason I'm not a member

So if we had a NW Chapter land use forum you would be interested in being a member? I fail to see the difference it would make. Feel free to bring any land use issues to the table. Your attitude seems to be very similar to a land grabbers notion that all off road enthusiasts are a bunch of beer swilling rednecks tearing up the land.

So if we had a NW Chapter land use forum you would be interested in being a member? I fail to see the difference it would make. Feel free to bring any land use issues to the table. Your attitude seems to be very similar to a land grabbers notion that all off road enthusiasts are a bunch of beer swilling rednecks tearing up the land.

How do you get "beer swilling rednecks tearing up the land" from the comments I have made?

Its sad that members here are engrossed with the questions about tire size and lift size then with land use. For this place to change it needs to come from the leaders and obviously the leaders here are not keeping up on whats really happening. This thread is the perfect example of people not knowing.

There is some good info here, don't get me wrong. We all need to protect and do our own to keep places open.

In the last couple of years, the north end of the NW Chapter has adopted a trail in Walker Valley, and the south end has adopted a trail at TSF. I see threads concerning land use fairly often. Are you looking for more people to say "I wish Reiter wasn't closing"? That seems to be your main concern here. I see your crusade for land use started on 10/13/09. If you are not happy with the leadership here, you are free to give it a shot. Pay up and stand by for nomination.

In the last couple of years, the north end of the NW Chapter has adopted a trail in Walker Valley, and the south end has adopted a trail at TSF. I see threads concerning land use fairly often. Are you looking for more people to say "I wish Reiter wasn't closing"? That seems to be your main concern here. I see your crusade for land use started on 10/13/09. If you are not happy with the leadership here, you are free to give it a shot. Pay up and stand by for nomination.

well that's good to know about walker valley didn't know you guys adopted a trail! I dont just have a problem with Reiter. What about the land in southern washington that ones have been trying to ope up to ORV use (cant remember the name right now) anyone here posted anything about that?

I just searched and dont see anything regarding a walker valley clean up or work party in a very longtime.

Its the leaderships responsibility to promote and keep informed regarding land use. I'm not mad or irritated because I was just like these ones that are caught up into the builds and what not. Its our responsibility to keep places open, promote it and that's whats lacking here.

Sooooo, NAXJA.org, a Vehicle-Specific Enthusiast website, needs to change to meet your PERSONAL needs?

You said: "This thread is the perfect example of people not knowing." and how right you are! Are you not aware of the Official NAXJA Land Use Forum:
http://naxja.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30

If you want to call people to ACTION, then give them something they can use as a springboard to get into the action. (Like the URL you provided in post #13)

You will be highly unsuccessful in motivating people by criticizing and condemning their legitimate questions about topics other than that which you seek attention for.

One can lead a horse to the land use forum, but the real question is, will they drink?

E!

Pay up and stand by for nomination.

I think I'm gonna pay up just so I can second the forthcoming nomination.

E :wave1:

Added via edit: You fit 37" tires with 2.5" of lift by using a Sawzall and Rustoleum. Everybody knows that. LOL

Sooooo, NAXJA.org, a Vehicle-Specific Enthusiast website, needs to change to meet your PERSONAL needs?

You said: "This thread is the perfect example of people not knowing." and how right you are! Are you not aware of the Official NAXJA Land Use Forum:
http://naxja.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30

If you want to call people to ACTION, then give them something they can use as a springboard to get into the action. (Like the URL you provided in post #13)

You will be highly unsuccessful in motivating people by criticizing and condemning their legitimate questions about topics other than that which you seek attention for.

One can lead a horse to the land use forum, but the real question is, will they drink?

E!

good job posting that link. To bad it was created yesterday about Reiter, should have been weeks ago. Thats whats irritating. We don't take action till something is threaten to removed from us!

Its true about your horse example. The leadership hasn't lead the horse to the land use forum.

Tell me this. Why would someone new or possibly someone that hasnt been here often look in the "National Land Use Forum"?

This needs to be in the Northwest forum.

good job posting that link. To bad it was created yesterday about Reiter, should have been weeks ago. Thats whats irritating.

Well, where were you weeks ago? Hey, look at that, you were very busy trying to sell Shocks and buy Wheels, so busy you only had time to compose 1 single INFORMATIVE post (other than the ONE in THIS thread, that makes 2 total) on this topic that has got you riled up.

Its true about your horse example. The leadership hasn't lead the horse to the land use forum.

One can lead a XJOFFROAD to the land use forum, but the real question is, will they drink?

Nope.

E :wierd:

Well, where were you weeks ago? Hey, look at that, you were very busy trying to sell Shocks and buy Wheels, so busy you only had time to compose 1 single INFORMATIVE post (other than the ONE in THIS thread, that makes 2 total) on this topic that has got you riled up.

Nope.

E :wierd:

hmmmmmm I started the 2 weeks ago. khttp://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1011727 your searching sucks

So here we are, in a thread about Reiter, talking about land use. I don't see the problem.

Hey, look at that, I joined! :woohoo: Ready to second that forthcoming nomination.

I also took Francis' posts and copied them to the LAND USE FORUM so interested parties looking in the Land Use forum for Land Use issues can find information related to Land Use.

:conceited

XJOFFROAD why dont you quit crying like a little bitch and pay some dues so some of your funds might go towards land use issues before you start knocking this site. Better yet what have you done personally for land use issues anywhere. Step up to the plate before you go pointing fingers. There are programs available where you can donate time if you don't have money.

Well here goes my input-

Its sad that members here are engrossed with the questions about tire size and lift size then with land use.

Seriously? Occasionally I see a thread about lift suggestions in the NWC, but the majority are created in Mod Tech where they are suppose to go. I think most threads that are in the NWC forum are approriate and generally chapter specific.

What about the land in southern washington that ones have been trying to ope up to ORV use (cant remember the name right now) anyone here posted anything about that?

Its the leaderships responsibility to promote and keep informed regarding land use. I'm not mad or irritated because I was just like these ones that are caught up into the builds and what not. Its our responsibility to keep places open, promote it and that's whats lacking here.

That would be the Yacolt Burn ORV project. I've attended several events in relation to the project, and plan on keeping NAXJA up to date on the progress. Refer to the $$$$ thread and see my suggestion about helping the project.

It's not the leadership's responsibility. It's everyone's responsibility. The BOD can't know what's going on all the time. I'm more than 3 hours away from most Washington wheeling places so I don't keep up on the latest news. My priorities are more focused in the PDX area. If you or anyone else hears something important by all means share it with the forum and get the word out. Don't leave it up to the BOD or Mods, take some initiative.

We don't take action till something is threaten to removed from us!
I will agree with you to a certain extent here. We don't hear about issues until they are threatened. That's why I feel it's important to attend ODF/DNR work parties and clean-ups to stay involved.

It's truly a shame to hear about Reiter. However, it sounds like the DNR is willing to work with the users during the rebuild. Now is our (the wheeling community) chance to get involved and see to it that our .02 is heard. Try and salvage what trails we can, and see to it that this doesn't happen again. I've been doing a lot of reading on the subject, and it's clear that the area had some problems with environmental issues, legality of the trails, and claims to land. The DNR had a reason for what they did.

Hope to see you on the trail some day.

While it is truly a shame to loose Reiter, I didnt see any of you up there, save for Dave (Supsa) and FiFo on the last weekend that it was open... nor the saturday before...

:dunno:

Back