• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Last Chance Evans Creek Snow Run 12/11

billulsund

NAXJA Forum User
For many of us the best time to wheel at Evans is when there is snow on the ground. As many of you probably already know the Forest Service is going to start enforcing the closure of Evans Creek from Dec 15th - March 31st. This means the last chance for a weekend snow run at Evans will be Saturday, December 11th. Lets make the best of this last opportunity of the year to enjoy the great snow wheeling Evans has to offer. We will be meeting at the main lower parking lot at 9:00am and will be leaving to hit the trails at 10:00. Just look for the rigs with the Tilted Wheelin stickers.

Re: Last Chance Evans Creek Snow Run

i should be there. hopefully it snows again so there is a decent amount of snow...should be good but who knows these days

This is supposed to be a pretty cold and snowy winter and considering Evans Creek tops out at around 4500 feet elevation I think we will definitely have some snow to play on by then.

i will be there

Sounds like between this site and the several others I posted the run on we should have a decent turnout. As the day gets closer I will try to get an idea of how many rigs to expect and will do a conditions update the week before so everyone knows what to expect.

Temperatures are dropping and Evans should be getting some snow this week. I may have to head up this weekend and go play in it.

i will be up there saturday hopefully

So who all is for sure going? I will be there for a few hours as I have to work that afternoon

Wut do you guys think about hitting the trails at 9 instead of 10?

Dunno if anybody is still going to this, but wheeling conditions at Evans are just about perfect. Just about a foot of snow on most of the park, the lower trails have less, upper half of 520 gets into a couple of feet. I would recommend at least 35's and dual lockers/winch for upper 520 and 197, but the rest are doable with smaller stuff. Last night we ran upper and lower 311, 520, 198, 197 and 102. Have fun!

sweet. got any picts?

Back