• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Knuckles are worn out. Now what?

Yup. Same TRE taper. You will need the 99.5-01 XJ unit bearings, all the brake swap stuff, the WJ balljoint(s) (lower required, upper only required if yours is worn out anyways), and the JKS weld-on unit bearing spacers. Steering can be swapped at a later time, or not at all.

IMO it will be much easier for you to just fill the gap with weld and then grind smooth.

if you use a mig setup the weld will actually be harder than the oem setup and you won't have this problem again.

wj swap is the cat's meow as far as d30 upgrades. brakes and steering are awesome.
you can get a full set of spicer balljoints new for $84 shipped, and new unit bearings for $115 a pair, shipped. i got my brakes second hand, so cant help ya on the prices there. The most expensive part of the wj swap is doing the steering/track bar correctly. that's 300-400 bucks.

WJ swap for sure. Probably the biggest regret I have about my Jeep is not doing that swap. Wish I had the money back before I upgraded my axles, suspension, brakes etc.

Ugh, is there a way to grease the lower ball J?

I'm either missing it or that's a big No.

Well, you can pull the brakes, unit bearing, axleshaft, and then screw a zerk in instead of a blockoff plug... on some XJ lower balljoints... most are not greasable though.

Well, you can pull the brakes, unit bearing, axleshaft, and then screw a zerk in instead of a blockoff plug... on some XJ lower balljoints... most are not greasable though.

Yea smooth cap. Shoot. OK Thanks bro.

Back