• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

knocking under driverside floor board

Still no progress I tightened everything up a d retorqued everything and can't find the problem. I also almost fell out of my jeep. Driving around a parking lot with the door open trying to hang under jeep to see and listen. And I lost my footing. Hahaha oops

Still no progress I tightened everything up a d retorqued everything and can't find the problem. I also almost fell out of my jeep. Driving around a parking lot with the door open trying to hang under jeep to see and listen. And I lost my footing. Hahaha oops

It's for the common good.... ;)

That's what I figured. I do have a broken exhaust hanger I tied it off and the noise was still there. Also while leaning out of the jeep again while driving in circles I let the door hit menin the head. Haha probably for the best.

I was having a banging under my driver side front. It ended up being a worn control arm joint on my RC lower arms at the body mount. I can rock the tire forward and aft and see it it's so bad. I have a new end just need to put it on.

No leaning out the door need for my check, I would probably just run myself over again anyways....

If you are going to lean out the door at least wear the lap belt... running your own ass over would suck.

This kind of thing is where I really wish I had the cash for a gopro. Stick it to the undercarriage and take it for a leisurely spin, view the video, figure out the problem.

I have the same noises in my jeep. check the wheel hub assembly by jacking the front end off the ground and push on the top and bottom of the tire, if it moves it your wheel hub assembly is shot.

Also while leaning out of the jeep again while driving in circles I let the door hit menin the head. Haha probably for the best.

That's what you get for flaking on me Saturday and going to Disneyland instead. Karma's a bitch. ;)

I'm off Friday and Saturday this week.

I have a funeral to go to Saturday morning. So sometime in the afternoon. I'll call you.

I had the same noise, just when I would start from a stop. If I lifted off the throttle for a second and then started going again, it would go away. It ended up being the trans mount. The torque of the engine was twisting the drivetrain and causing the front driveshaft to do weird sh!t.

Back