• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

King of the Hammers and NAXJA

If I had permission to make a NAXJA logo to go across your hood I already have it on the computer ready to go. I haven't made any due to copyright crap but it's there if I get the go ahead. I figure it'd be ok since I'm not making money and it's for you guys.

lowrange2 said:
If I had permission to make a NAXJA logo to go across your hood I already have it on the computer ready to go. I haven't made any due to copyright crap but it's there if I get the go ahead. I figure it'd be ok since I'm not making money and it's for you guys.

I'm going to have to get letters to spell out the event, Cherokee 25th Anniversary Celebration, Moab '08. I'll also need the website and NAXJA. How about a sticker like:

www.NAXJA.org

I need the sticker, I'd consider that you have permission. :)

Goatman said:
I'm going to have to get letters to spell out the event, Cherokee 25th Anniversary Celebration, Moab '08. I'll also need the website and NAXJA. How about a sticker like:

www.[SIZE=5]NAXJA[/SIZE].org

I need the sticker, I'd consider that you have permission. :)

PM Me with exactly what you want it to say, size, color and quantity of each different sticker that you want and ANY thing else that want a sticker of and I'll get on it this weekend. The sky is the limit, give me a list. Lol I would send you a 'Commercial Printing' sticker as well but the advertisement in California wouldn't do me a damn bit of good. Lol

Big thanks to NAXJA & our club members for all the support, this is really cool.

I'm 99.9% sure that we'll have the only XJ in the Comp., probably the only (or close to it) car that started life as a production vehicle.

It's going to be a lot of fun going up against the big name Pros, at least we know the area & the terrain better than anyone...

Paul

Congrats to the two of you on getting in!

I've been following the PBB threads on the race, and never had a clue NAXJA had a team competing. You guys already have an advantage over some with knowledge of the area. Combine that with the upgrades to the buggy, and you guys will be putting up a good fight! I'm looking forward to the post race report. Best of luck, and thanks for supporting NAXJA.

Captain Ron said:
Alot of hard work went into your rig.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=940281

Hope your tranny stays in.

:D

--ron

I read that, Ron. Pretty damned funny. :laugh:

The flat belly pan/crossmember looks really good. I'll be sure to get some pics posted up when I get it installed. Thanks again, and there will be a big Rigworks sticker across the front of the hood. :cheers:

TORX said:
Congrats to the two of you on getting in!

I've been following the PBB threads on the race, and never had a clue NAXJA had a team competing. You guys already have an advantage over some with knowledge of the area. Combine that with the upgrades to the buggy, and you guys will be putting up a good fight! I'm looking forward to the post race report. Best of luck, and thanks for supporting NAXJA.

It's hard to tell, really, who has an advantage. I know plenty of guys will be faster than us in the desert, my 4.0L doesn't have the power of those built V8's, and my rear moonbuggy type suspension and super light rear sprung weight isn't the best for the whoops. But, plenty of others will have the same problem. One thing is that we run that JV stuff, to and from the trails, often so at leat I'm making an attemp to have the suspension tuned for it.

On the trail sections, where most of the time will be spent, it's anybody's game. We'll see how my driving stacks up against the big name boys. I think a lot of it will be the balance between quick and a good reliable pace. You can't win if you break. This isn't a short course competition, it's 20 some miles of rockcrawling and 20 some miles of hard desert pounding.

Should be fun. :D:

Good luck, ya old Goatman! Wish I could be on the left coast for this one.

makes me still wish that i lived in bakersfield Richard, i would be more then willing to come and help you guys out, both before and during the race. congrats on the entry and i will be cheering you on. by the richard is the buggy your old jeep that i remember from my days at bakersfield chysler jeep?

I'm only betting on one thing.

I bet goat has a new pee stripe down those 40D sticky's. Anything I can do to help. :D

devilinside13 said:
makes me still wish that i lived in bakersfield Richard, i would be more then willing to come and help you guys out, both before and during the race. congrats on the entry and i will be cheering you on. by the richard is the buggy your old jeep that i remember from my days at bakersfield chysler jeep?

Nope the buggy is built from another rig. I'll never mess with the yellow XJ. :D

Good to see you around. :wave:

Sounds pretty kick a$$ guys. Good luck!!!

If I lived out in Cali, I would love to help out by running pit for you guys. That sounds like an awesome time. When I get my paycheck end of this week I'll definitely donate some money your way.

Good luck.

xj4moab said:
Good Luck Richard let me know if there is any thing i can do .

I'm still looking for sponsors. :D

Any chance of a Flying J diesel gift card? :wave1:

I've been too busy to do any posting, but here's an update. We're adding JE Reel Drivelines to our list of sponsors. Jim at JE Reel made a new, tough, rear driveline for the buggy and sent us a new 1350 rear yoke so we can switch from straps to u-bolts. Thanks a bunch, Jim!

The 40" Creepies are mounted up, and we grooved the center tread blocks. They seemed to work fine last weekend while doing some pre-running, but we didn't really get to test them. Also got the new belly pan from Rigworks installed (thanks again to Capt Ron and Scrappy). The Fox airbumps are installed, and they sure made a difference. I also made another change to the rear springs, and now it really rides nice. I had broken the tail pipe and mount on the last run, so I fixed it and added another mount to the muffler......it can take a real pounding now with no problems. Also made a slight change to the front track bar and used Locktite on the steering jam nuts.

We went to JV last weekend to do some pre-running. Sat we ran Outer Limits, Aftershock, Sunbonnet, and both up and down Sledgehammer before I found a cracked frame around the UCA frame mount. I decided to call it quits and fix it right, at home. We made it from the lakebed to the top of Outer Limits in 35 minutes, and ran Sledgehammer to the very top in 9.5 min. Not the fastest they've ever been run, but I didn't think it was too bad.

The rig handles great on the trails and on the slower rough stuff on the access to the trails, I can fly over that stuff.........at least fly based on what I'm used to. It doesn't do so well on the whoops, but there's only so much you can do with the monstrous unsprung weight. We're making adjsutments to the bump stops, and further fine tuning the front coilovers. In the rear, I'm having problems with the handling at speed due to the 3 link and very high roll center. I'm going to lower the axle side rear track bar mount 4" and see what difference it makes. We're also making a rack for the rear, and will carry a heavy tool bag back there to get some more weight on the rear to help the high speed handling. We might make another valving and spring rate change after I see how that works.

Still have a long list of things to do, but making steady progress. I'll try to get some pics posted up of the new stuff. Pirate4x4 has announced that they will have live race coverage on both Thurs and Fri of the race, so check that out.

Just 3 more weeks....... :D

Back