• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Kids?

considering who his dad is, he seemed pretty well adjusted :D

I ask, because last year at SCF he really didn't eat much.

I ask, because last year at SCF he really didn't eat much.
Define much. It makes sense that someone 60-70 lbs is going to eat much less than an adult at 180-200.

Also probably one of the easiest "picky" eaters I've ever dealt with. At least he tells you what he will eat, instead of just going eww.

Define much. It makes sense that someone 60-70 lbs is going to eat much less than an adult at 180-200.

Also probably one of the easiest "picky" eaters I've ever dealt with. At least he tells you what he will eat, instead of just going eww.

Last year at SoCal Fest Cal ended up being the much more picky eater. :moon:

Last year at SoCal Fest Cal ended up being the much more picky eater. :moon:
Well, we can have all the onions we want, this year, since Cal can't come!

Carol, is your daughter going to get a ticket again this year?

Yeesh, I hope not!! Heck, she drives like a grandma these days...

I doubt she'll even be able to make it to the event, since I'm heading up early Friday & she's got classes on Fridays. Calico's a bit farther for a solo run, and I doubt she'd try it. But we'll see.

Lol... she drives the streets like a grandma, and wheels like a madwoman! Well, not quite, but close!

She has good recovery instincts. She came over the top of Sand Dam hill out at Superstition, saw the vast downhill steepness ahead of her, started to turn the wheels, felt how that was a bad thing (deep. sand. steep. hill.), straightened it out & hit the gas a little, and just cruised down.

A month or so ago, in bizarro Mom dreamland, I dreamt she was driving a van (Dan--stay away from my daughter!! She's over 18, so she's too old for you! LOL), I was holding a baby in the passenger seat (WTF?), and her siblings were in the rear seat. The brakes failed, she bumped over the curbing that edged a nasty dropoff, and as the van went over the edge and started to go ass over teakettle, I heard Alden say "It's okay, Mom. I got this." And she hit the gas & powered down the hill instead of tumbling. So apparently my subconscious still trusts her!

Lol... she drives the streets like a grandma, and wheels like a madwoman! Well, not quite, but close!

She has good recovery instincts. She came over the top of Sand Dam hill out at Superstition, saw the vast downhill steepness ahead of her, started to turn the wheels, felt how that was a bad thing (deep. sand. steep. hill.), straightened it out & hit the gas a little, and just cruised down.

A month or so ago, in bizarro Mom dreamland, I dreamt she was driving a van (Dan--stay away from my daughter!! She's over 18, so she's too old for you! LOL), I was holding a baby in the passenger seat (WTF?), and her siblings were in the rear seat. The brakes failed, she bumped over the curbing that edged a nasty dropoff, and as the van went over the edge and started to go ass over teakettle, I heard Alden say "It's okay, Mom. I got this." And she hit the gas & powered down the hill instead of tumbling. So apparently my subconscious still trusts her!
LOL quite the imagination.
your daughter has my grandfather's and dad's first name, and my middle name.
And why do i keep getting warned to stay away from your daughter? haha
you must think i'm her type if you have to say that... hmmm...... :D

I almost ran some kids over with my jeep this weekend. Stupid things jumped in front of me while I was going 40 mph down a wash.

Last edited:
No shotgun needed, she's quite capable of standing up for herself =). And I have adequate access to firearms, should we need one.

She's also quite adequate at holding her own in conversations with those older than her. She's pretty grown up for her age, most of the time.

Unfortunately, Dan, the name coincidence won't win you points with her. She knows Alden is usually considered to be an English boy's name, and she likes it quite well anyway.

And Sean, um... well, just "no". LOL.

Nein!Nein!Nein! Shotguns are verboten at Naxja events :eyes:

Who said anything about a NAXJA event?

Hey - Want to go wheeling at remote spot in the desert this weekend? Bring a shovel in case you get stuck...

Careful what you wish for, John. Remote desert + my daughter + shotgun + shovel might just = a shallow grave for some unlucky schmuck...

Back