• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Kerstner's in Appleton, WI - Opinions?

jeeperman_mi

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone had any experience with Kerstner's - good or bad? I want to have an ARB Locker installed in a 8.25 axle on my 99 XJ. ARB lists Kerstner's as the closest installer to me. I'd like to get some opinions on their service before I drive the 200 miles to get the work done...

Thanks in advance!

I live in Appleton and I know where the place is. I have personally never dealt with them so I shouldn't bad mouth them but I have heard plenty of bad story's.

I guess the guy is kind of an ass especially if you didn't buy the parts from him and he has told people that parts wouldn't work on their trucks so they would have to buy parts from him instead. I have also heard that he is expensive.

Like I said I have never been in there just because of all the negative things I have heard about the place so I can't give you my opinion, just what multiple people have said. Basically I have never heard any good things about the place, but it has been around for quite a while, so??

I do know that he has a shitload of woody wagoneers next to the place. There have got to be at least 10 that are identical.

Hope this helps.

Keith

From a shop owners point of view, it isn't all that fun when customers buy parts from the internet stores..a lot of the time they don't come complete and or are missing parts which then ties up a spot in the shop for customers that regularly do business there...even though our shop in Louisville will install parts bought elsewhere it just cost a little extra for us to install them.

Be carefull about bad things heard about the local guy...he may be the one to bail you out one day. I used to work at another shop in Louisville and I hear so many stories about that shop from current customers that are no where near the truth...some people just make crap up to feel important ;)
J

STEELFISH said:
From a shop owners point of view, it isn't all that fun when customers buy parts from the internet stores..a lot of the time they don't come complete and or are missing parts which then ties up a spot in the shop for customers that regularly do business there...even though our shop in Louisville will install parts bought elsewhere it just cost a little extra for us to install them.

Be carefull about bad things heard about the local guy...he may be the one to bail you out one day. I used to work at another shop in Louisville and I hear so many stories about that shop from current customers that are no where near the truth...some people just make crap up to feel important ;)
J

I can see your views on this but if the shop doesn't carry what you want or you can save 25-50% on parts then why wouldn't you want to buy online. Also you should look over what you are bringing into the shop to make sure you have everything so things like that don't happen or check with the shop before hand. Because if the shop knows what they are doing they should know how to install everything and should be able to notice if something doesn't look right.

Some of the storys I have heard are from legit guys that I have known for years, who I also trust and they had bad experiences with them. In those cases, I know they were just making crap up. Some of the other people I did not know that well so I can't vouch for their bad experiences.

Also like I said earlier I haven't delt with them personally so I am just passing along what I have heard, and I am not a big one on making crap up. Maybe one day I will have to deal with them when I am in a jam but for right now I stay clear.

But heck it is your Jeep, give them a try and if it works out let us know because then I may have one good experience to tell instead of all bad.

Last edited:
I've had personal experience with Kevin and would say for many reasons to look elsewhere. I'm not saying he or his shop can't get the job done for you, but I personally would go elsewhere if I needed services that required a shop. I don't want to get into details, but those are my feelings. Jeff

Back