• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

K&n filters = xtra hp?

Airaid - has worked just fine for me in the last year. Clean and treat the filter at every oil change.

Has a bracket that sits inside the bottom half of your existing (stock) air box. This raises up the air filter and prevents "splashing" the filter when wheeling in water. Hood seals the top by closing over the rubber gasket on the top of the bracket.

I didn't dyno it. Drive by "feel" most of the time anyway! Noticed immediate "go" power from a stop and it sounds really good when you MASH the gas :) .

http://www.airaid.com/310-136_jeep.asp

A 5 HP gain or loss from any 190 HP engine is all but meaningless. If using just a few runs for a base. Then a few for test. To claim a real 5 HP. You would need an average from a large number of base runs. Then compared to a large number of modified runs.
A good operator could get you 5 with NO changes at all. A few degrees in air temp change will easy get you 5.
A fan is normally set in front of a Jeep (or any car) to help keep it cool as it spins the rolls. Move this fan and bam 5 HP.
I'M sorry but a 5 HP gain for the I6 is all but meaningless.

Back