• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just when you think you've gotten to know your neighbor.......

YELLAHEEP

NAXJA Forum User
He turns out to be a registered sex offender.............

We got info at work that there had been some pretty intensive work done to the Sex Offender Registries statewide and that lots of new info had been added. I'd never checked my neighborhood before...... got the wild hair this morning to look at the database.

Yeah, remember that thing about the runaway car that mowed down my neighbor's wife, where I helped get her back to the house, loaned them my ZJ so they could get to the hospital and all that? http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1048969&highlight=crazy

Yep, he's been a registered sex offender since '03..... offense apparently occurred in California which is where they moved from. "Lewd acts with a child under 14" is the charge.......

The guy has been a great neighbor, seems like a helluva guy, works VERY hard as does his wife and he's had his adult son, daughter-in-law and grandson live with them off and on quite a bit..... I've seen him with his family and grandchild..... totally Norman Rockwell. The guy is a hardcore Republican, flies Old Glory and a yellow "Don't Tread on Me" flag out front of his house 24/7......

Fawkin' hell........ I dunno what to do or think. It really sucks that ya can't look up the details of the case/charge real easy....... I'd love to give the guy the benefit of the doubt.......

:banghead:

Last edited:
Crazy how that stuff works out. There is an older gentleman in my neighborhood that has always just given me a funny feeling. We one day just like you I got a wild hair and checked out my area and sure enough he is a sex offender as well.

I didn't think the database was that hard to use. It's comforting to note that you are not using your professional resources to snoop on your neighbors. ;)

At least the guy across the street is registered, and fulfilling the terms and conditions of his probation(???).

If the story I heard in High School was true, good ol' Uncle Ted is a candidate for sex offender status. The story involved nuns.

Yeah, the penalties for abuse of law enforcement resources are plenty severe...... totally NOT worth going that route.

To an extent, I agree...... at least the guy is complying with his requirements and has apparently been doing so for 7 years now. I do take some solis knowing that at least the charge isn't something like aggravated rape, or sex assault on a child, or something of the like.

If anyone knows how the system can be as unjust as it can be just I certainly do. I've seen teens go on sex offender status for simply grabbing a girls butt one time at school.... but I've also seen plenty of serious offenders beat the system on technicalities....

Current laws in Denver dictate that getting a ticket for "Urinating in Public" forces you to register. I've talked to plenty of guys who've come to jail (Denver) and had to register because they were caught peeing in an alley or some such.

Granted, I work with an interesting population of students but, I've had plenty of cases where I had to go to bat for one who had "mooned" someone and was in jeopardy of being labeled a sex offender. That's pretty silly.

I'm sure the majority of SO's out there have done some really nasty things and ruined plenty of peoples lives in the process but what ever happened to good ole days when you could enjoy the challenge of ringing someone's door bell and then do a "pressed ham" or, my personal favorite, a "red-eye" and then try to get your drawers up and get the hell out of there before the home owner could catch you? :moon:

dont they have to let u know or something?
Thought they pretty much had to knock on ur door and say it///

I obviously don't know peepee caca about this- good thing u don't have kids

I got called up for Jury selection back in Jan in a sexual assault on a minor case. Thank gawd I didn't get selected for it, I could tell the defense was getting ready to make the argument that the teen(14) was making it up because she didn't like her step father and didn't want to move to a new state.

A couple of the other Jurors I talked to said they had had step kids and they were always worried the girls were gonna say something that wasn't true to cause problems.

I'm really glad I didn't have to sit on that Jury.

What's the site?? I would like to make sure I keep my doors locked at night ;)

Yella, treat him like you always have. he hasnt done anything to warrent a change (not to you at least). not sure what the circumstances were, so take him on how he acts now. just keep kids away from him to be safe.

dont they have to let u know or something?
Thought they pretty much had to knock on ur door and say it///
Thats what I thought as well.

Maybe its because it occurred in Cali, and hes now in CO?

Its a tough to judge a person for something like that. IMO, any crimes having to deal with children, women or the elderly are the worst. However people change, and if hes been a good neighbor I wouldnt hold it against him.

Or, plant some "incriminating evidence" in his trash can and call the popo? :eek:

THis site you looked this up is it a public site if so whats the URL?

All you have to do is go to the city or county law enforcement web page in your area. They will have links specific for that area, but there's also national sites for sex offender registry/location info.

Is your google broken? :D

DANG! found the list for my area. I find it intresting they are all in little swarms of areas then notice alot of them are trailer parks.

Back