• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

just what does your RENIX have to say for itself?

Curtis_H

NAXJA Forum User
Just thought I would let the MWC know that I got my hands on a Snap On MT2500 cheap so if anyone near State Center, IA (between Ames and Marshalltown) would like to scan their renix feel free to drop me a line and we can work something out. No charge, of course. It's definitely helped me tune my wagoneer. Oh and I also have the OBD1 and OBD2 cables for jeep and many other OBD1 cables for just about anything so It doesn't have to be a jeep........

well then you should drop it off at my place (with title please) and I will put it out if it's misery for you because I am a nice guy like that. All for you bud!

My Renix says VOOOcoughRR" PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SEND ME TO THE JUNK YARD" OOOOcoughOOOMMMMMM.

Thats nuthing... The straight 6 in my 1958 Ford F100 back-fired out half a intake valve... :wow:
Best part is it ran for another couple months before it died... :us:

mine runs great, even after it sat for 18 months it fired right up with a new battery.

you guys are doing it wrong...

:illegalflipoffsmiley:

I should come visit you and see what the 2.5 Litre Renix in my Comanche says for itself. How much info does it give you Curtis?

I should come visit you and see what the 2.5 Litre Renix in my Comanche says for itself. How much info does it give you Curtis?

the 2500 does everything the DRB-II scan machine could do.

realtime information about timing, signals generated from the sensors, referenced voltages, everything the Renix ECU is looking at.

I know the DRB could be plugged into an o-scope to read waveforms, I don't know if the 2500 does that.

the renix computer doesnt store info.... so you hook it up to see real time running data of all the renix sensors?

my renix says i run even though my owner is a dumbass and wont buy new sensors i still run by the grace of god and a working MAP and TPS

Last edited:
the renix computer doesnt store info.... so you hook it up to see real time running data of all the renix sensors?

my renix says i run even though my owner is a dumbass and wont buy new sensors i still run by the grace of god and a working MAP and TPS

yes, it's all realtime, and the scanner can capture frame data so you can look back at it. At least the DRB can.

it will tell you coolant temp, timing advance, engine rpm, short term fuel trim, long term fuel trim, closed or open loop fuel system status, rich/lean, throttle percent, throttle position sensor voltage, a/c request, intake air temp, barometric pressure (map) and a couple other things i believe. You can hook the 2500 to a scope but I do not have the cables. Oh it tells you knock sensor output too just remembered that one. The thing it helped me the most with is telling me what the computer sees compared to what the sensors actual readings with a meter are. If you want to bring something by send me a PM.

Back