• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just picked this up.

OnorOffroad

NAXJA Forum User
I had to sell my 98 a while back, but just picked up this 95 today. I think it has a RE 5.5" lift with 33" tires, I think it has an SYE and "new" not refurb rear driveshaft. Stock axles and gearing (based on the constant down shifting at highway speeds), but the rear is a 8.25" I think, which means the 27 spline weak shafts. Overall it's in pretty good shape. The person I bought it from didn't have a lot of information to offer. The hella lights on the front don't work, there is no on/off switch for them! I followed the wiring up into the center console, and that's where it ends. . .

I would like to get some upgraded HP30, and chrysler 8.25 axles w/4.56 gears if anyone has them. I'd love to rebuild them myself but I don't have the space or the tools or the time so I need to just buy some that are already complete, ready to bolt in. I'm not big into crawling, I just want a strong trail jeep that will get me up the mountain when the zombies attack, take me camping, hunting, and around town.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Planned near future upgrades:
Line X inside and out (if I could afford a frame off I would do that.)
Axles

Planned far future:
Motor rebuild, possibly a big bore.

Last edited:
Looks pretty sharp mate. Congrats on the find.

Looks good!

Thanks. I am pretty happy for the time. Removed and painted the flares today, so that should make it look a little prettier! Also just found a fuel leak at the fuel rail :gonnablow but it doesn't seem like much to fix it. Also it does have a CV driveshaft but I don't know who manufactured it. Half the fun is figuring out what all it has.. (which aint much!) hah.

Back