• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just finished my new homemade tube winch bumper.

Can you post pics of how that rack is attatched to the shell on that Tacoma? I want to do something similar on my mj.

I had it mounted on an ARE camper shell, they are pretty well know for being beefy, so I mounted it directly to the corners of the shell with legs coming off of the rack. The area of the fiberglass that the bolts went through was 3/8" thick, and I beat on this truck for years with no problems to the fiberglass, even after I put my roof top tent up there. I have easily had 500 lbs on the roof of that shell with no problems. I cant say for sure if this will work for other brands, but the ARE handled it just fine.

I think you can kind of see in this picture:

SS100280.jpg

SS100276.jpg

Damn good looking rig, Love the fact you converted all the Hellas to HIDs!!

Thanks, that was probably some of the best mods/money spent on any rig. When I flip the light switches, its like the sun comes up and slaps you in the face.

I think I have a daytime picture of them on when they were on my toyota...

broad daylight, around lunchtime.
SS100223.jpg

And here is an on/off picture at night. This just shows the 4000's, I hadnt finished the 700's yet. The two spots (center) are good for around a mile distance. pics taken from inside the truck. The light output for the HID's are amazing.

Regular high beams from the truck.

SS100237.jpg

With the 4000's and the truck headlights. The treeline in the distance was .42 miles away.

SS100230.jpg

~James

Thanks, that was probably some of the best mods/money spent on any rig. When I flip the light switches, its like the sun comes up and slaps you in the face.

I think I have a daytime picture of them on when they were on my toyota...

broad daylight, around lunchtime.
SS100223.jpg

And here is an on/off picture at night. This just shows the 4000's, I hadnt finished the 700's yet. The two spots (center) are good for around a mile distance. pics taken from inside the truck. The light output for the HID's are amazing.

Regular high beams from the truck.

SS100237.jpg

With the 4000's and the truck headlights. The treeline in the distance was .42 miles away.

SS100230.jpg

~James
Are those pencil beams???

The two center lights are pencils, the outer two are driving. I figured I would get the two pencils for all of the desert driving I do in Germany... :doh: (I would definitely get all driving lights if I had to do it over again)

~James

I dunno it seems to do pretty well with pencils...
yes, with a 4 light setup that's what you want. 2 spots in the middle for distance and 2 floods outside for width of vision.

nice setup, im still really digging the way you did that dash, i have a 7.5 screen in the same place but i never finished mine with a custom dash piece like that... yours makes mine look like ass :smsoap:

haha nice setup :cheers:

really looks awesome, great job with everything :)

Nice looking rigs, both the Yota and XJ, bet you turn a lot of heads over there.

Back