• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just Another Full Width Build

Why did you mount you upper link mounts-frame side- like that? That'll cause quite a bit of bind pretty quickly won't it? Also on the frame side mounts, why don't you have any separation from the uppers and the lowers? Your lowers seem to be at a pretty steep angle at ride height, too. I've never built a four link or even played with a four link calculator before, just curious if there why they were like that.

i too was wondering about the sideways mounted upper links...

the uppers dont do much, so you can mount them anyway you like.

theres a million way to build a 4 link and this is just the way i did mine. i dont really have any reasoning behind it, its just kinda the way it worked out. i had a general idea of what i wanted and i ran with it. it should do just fine though. gotta do a few small odds and ends tomorrow and hopefully will be able to take it on a test run this weekend. ill keep yall posted on how it goes...

are your tires different sizes? i would think not... but in this pic, the front look like 38s and the rear about 36s...

rig4.jpg

(i was looking at the top of each tire, and comparing it to the horizontal black plastic trim along the doors, btw)
maybe it's just the different wheel wells that's throwin' me off :dunno:

ill keep yall posted on how it goes...

i like the quick progress, and pics :)

got the shocks and some other odds and ends done.... got the new driveshaft thrown in too. so for now im gonna say its done... going riding tomorrow so ill take some pics and let yall know how it goes...

0605091342.jpg

0605091343.jpg

0605091343a.jpg

Looks good!!!

Are you gonna put some limit straps on it? I know the shock may limit down travel but was just curious.

the shocks were gonna be my limit straps, but i went ahead and threw one in the center of the axle for the heck of it, you can see it in the 3rd pic, and yes, its a chain. tennessee fab at its best :farmer:

LOL!!!! :roflmao:Missed that. Whatever works, right????

I like the XJ man, its come a long way since I first saw it. Let us know how that test run goes im curious to know how everything does. Again good job.
icon14.gif

the first run went very well. this thing flex's like crazy in the rear now. i still have alot of innter fender trimming to do on the rear, but all in all it did great. no pics... should be going thursday and ill try to snap some then...

dang! that be some sick flex! i like how nice and level the jeep stays :)

Back