• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just an Updated pic or two...

uncc civilengineer said:
Nope I love the lines of the stock one... just kidding.. Yeah Terry at Rigid Co. is building me a rear bumper that wraps around (like Cruzin Illusion and 53Guy). So I'm just waiting to cut the corners until it's getting shipped...

Does Rigid offer the "wrap-around look" all the time? Cuz all I see is just the bumper. That's my biggest problem w/ most rear bumpers out there is that they don't blend well w/ the rear quarter panels. Can't wait to see what it looks like.
If you don't mind me asking, how much for the bumper from Rigid? You can PM me if you want.
Your Rig looks great BTW.

outlander said:
one thing I always wondered about those arb bumpers is how do you get the cable wraps to go straight and tight onto the winch drum???

I've never had any issues w/ it? It's not perfectly straight... I generally spool it out after I get home and check the rope then re-spool it... so that's why it looks so straight in the pictures..

Chris

Chris, looking good, glad those axles are working out for you! Mine's still on blocks waiting on the re-enlistment bonus to hit.

Looks awesome Chris!

I gotta see that thing in person when I get back down to Charlotte...

uncc civilengineer said:
Nothing right now.... I'll hook up some sooner or later if I feel I need them.

Chris

Dont you have to have them for state inspection?

99XJSPORT06 said:
Dont you have to have them for state inspection?

Here's NCDOT's list:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="86%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2>Inspection items include: </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width="50%">
  • brakes
  • lights
  • horns
  • steering mechanism
  • windshield wipers
</TD><TD vAlign=top width="50%">
  • turn signals
  • tires
  • rear view mirrors
  • exhaust system
  • window tint
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>I dont think back up lights are required but like most things (window tent less then 35%, etc.) it depends on where you get it inspected or who you know...​

uncc civilengineer said:
Here's NCDOT's list:

<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="86%"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2">Inspection items include: </td></tr><tr><td valign="top" width="50%">
  • brakes
  • lights
  • horns
  • steering mechanism
  • windshield wipers
</td><td valign="top" width="50%">
  • turn signals
  • tires
  • rear view mirrors
  • exhaust system
  • window tint
</td></tr></tbody></table>I dont think back up lights are required but like most things (window tent less then 35%, etc.) it depends on where you get it inspected or who you know...

True....I coulda sworn though that reverse lights was on the list also.....but maybe i'm wrong.

Ahh yeah speaking of window tint, should be interesting to see if mine passes this year.

I still wanna get with you once i'm back down there in August and see the beast in person...

Just come up to the Cherokee Crawl in a few weeks.. Also my wife and I will be up in the Winston area this weekend for my grandmothers b-day party. And we're actually meeting a few people and wheeling in Lexington on Saturday morning...

Where abouts in Lexington? I'm maybe a 15-20 minute drive from Lexington (depending on which part). Dont think i'd be able to wheel the Jeep as my tires arent exactly in the best shape, and i'm still trying to iron out a few little details post lift...however, work depending, I could probably drop by where ever yall are gonna be for a bit.

Send me a PM if you'd like, and I believe you've got my number too.

uncc civilengineer said:
Here's NCDOT's list:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="86%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2>Inspection items include: </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width="50%">
  • brakes
  • lights
  • horns
  • steering mechanism
  • windshield wipers
</TD><TD vAlign=top width="50%">
  • turn signals
  • tires
  • rear view mirrors
  • exhaust system
  • window tint
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>I dont think back up lights are required but like most things (window tent less then 35%, etc.) it depends on where you get it inspected or who you know...​

no backup lights are required but rear side marker lights are...

Back