• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just a Trail Ride now... 2/28...

Just showed up in the white mj... Two green XJs have showed up.

Sorry I couldn't make it this time, guys - had to go into work for a few hours.

I'll keep an eye peeled for the rescheduling of the trail cutting.

So the trail report is as follows....we hit the trails around 9 or so, we had a few xj's on 33's & 31's and two TJ's one on 33's & 35's. I lead the group & had intentions of just running trail 2 on the east side and heading to the west side for some goodness. So trail 2 was untouched, with no tire tracks & I couldn't tell at all where the trail was or where it went, so we headed towards the west. Started to go down H I believe, where we ran into a group that was trying to come back up the hill to the east. They told us that most of he trails o the west side were impassable, untoched and closed. They said we should not go down because we would have a hard time getting back up. So we spent 1/2 hr turning all the rigs around and getting everyone back up the hill....as seen here....
Christmas080.jpg
and here
Christmas084.jpg

After we got headed back toward the east we sort of figured out we needed to stick to the trails that had been ran the day before otherwise there was no way to tell where the hell you were going. The snow was really deep in alot of places from ankle deep to knee deep, Ive never seen that much snow up there, nothing was as it usually is. Deep snow....
Christmas004.jpg

We ran trail 1a & 1b, then finaly made it in thru the back side of trail 2 since there were some tracks there and it was cool....a shot
Christmas017.jpg

We were going to run trial "O" which is a easy green, and when we got to the entrance of the trail we saw 2 rigs a the top. Turns out there is a big down hill at the begining and some guy in a landrover slid down and crashed into a tree, tweaked his frame and pushed his fan into the radiator & his buddy to pull him out was stuck. So we had one rig with a winch and got them back up to more level ground, so we didnt go that way either..as seen here.....
Christmas019.jpg

So we tooled around a bit more, & finally made it back up trail D, because I wanted to go check out crawler ridge & see if any of the lines were passable. Nothing was broken thru, so we took a few shots at it, but anytime we were on a incline it was really hard to keep momentum. We tried to take the shortcut off of D because there was a huge mudhole at the end of it that we saw guys getting winched out of earlier & the red TJ got stuck on the shortcut so we turned back... it looked alot like this........

Christmas027.jpg

Christmas021.jpg

We did a bit more riding around ate lunch etc....we ran up and down the pole line a few times, we made the hill climb at the end once with no incident, we did the middle line and the far left. Second time we came back up that we we had a little carnage. The teal xj slashed a sidewall. Here are the pole line pics....
Christmas088.jpg

Christmas011.jpg

Christmas012.jpg

and then ouch

Christmas035.jpg

so we changed the tire and headed back... So it was a good day of getting stuck alot, digging alot, pushing alot, figuring out where to go etc, it snowed, was sunny etc, we had good fun so, here are a few more pics......

Last edited:
Last edited:
looks pretty challenging

Yeah it was, it just wasnt normal, I think I barley saw a rock the whole day. The snow was deep and it was hard as hell do make any obstacles that I could normaly do in reverse with my eyes closed.

Thanks for letting me and T steal seats in the Jeeps! Was a great time, we did a lot of getting stuck and pushing/shoveling as the pictures show. Those trails were pretty slick.

Wow, there is a lot of snow up there right now!!! Looks like you guys had some fun though. The trail cutting will be re-scheduled soon... stay tuned!!

A.

I'll be in the area again sometime after mid march anyways, so count me in in advance... :D

Wow, there is a lot of snow up there right now!!! Looks like you guys had some fun though. The trail cutting will be re-scheduled soon... stay tuned!!

A.

Yeah, man and I definately reccomend we wait till the snow is off the ground before the trail cutting is attempted, because there is still ALOT of snow up there. It sucked to have to walk & we had a few ladies along that had to do some cross country ididarod sh*t to go pee haha.

pictures from anyone else...Bueller?

Christmas022.jpg

Christmas006.jpg

Last edited:
Back