• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just a quick CB location question.

Where do you best like your CB radio mounted ?

• Total voters
I've had my cb's mounted about my mirror on a shelf, and on the pass side of the console. I've got mine currently mounted above my mirror, but i hated getting hit in the head by the mic cable all the time. but i have mine plugged in all the time so i can listen to the traffic from the truckers. so i took an old cb that took a crap and unsoldered the mic connector out of the cb and the mic and made a 4 foot mic extension for my mic, and routed it into my dash, drilled a small hole and put the jack in my blank spot next to my cluster.

here's some pics:
IMAGE_1036.jpg

IMAGE_1037.jpg

I've decided to go over the rear view mirror, what kind of screw should I use to mount this, I'm afraid of going through the roof.

I just jammed a radioshack CB in between the center console and the seat on the driver's side. When I use it I just pull it upwards so the seat doesn't cover the speaker. For the mic I drilled two holes in my garage door opener holder thing? and I have some of that ball and chain stuff routed through it that the mic hangs on, it's awesome. It never gets twisted up, it's out of the way, and I can still get it and put it back without fiddling with it.

Mine is mounted on the very bottom of the dash on the passenger side. and i have a little mic stand screwed to the drivers side of where the center console would be if i had one... also have cup holders screwed there. it clears everyone fine... my friend is 6' and he still has at least 6 inches of room.

I installed a late model (97-up) interior into my 93 and I left the 96-down dash. The newer console left a small gap between the dash and the consloe which was a perfect fit for my CB. Looks clean and it is out of the way.

I mounted mine using double stick foam tape on the top of the dash just about center og the jeep. Doesn't block anything and keeps the dash uncluttered. Ran the wirring down throught the glove box.

passenger side of the console... it's outta my way, and the passenger doesn't have to be comfortable right? man... you should see MY wiring! it's ghetto! lol

I have my CB mounted on the driver side of the center console. I've never had it interfere with my leg while driving and it is easily within reach.

Here is a picture of where mine is mounted.

picture.php

Yes the mic cord does hit my leg, but I did that on purpose so that I don't have to look away from where I'm going in order to grab it. This is a Uniden Pro 510XL, so a larger CB may not fit as well in this location.

that looks pretty handy! .....dandy? ....... handy dandy? haha, looks good!

One thing to consider if you want mount it above the rear view. If you have a vanity mirror on the passenger side, I did, the wires are already there for you to put a CB in. It's pretty damn easy, and it works like a champ!! HTH!!

Back