• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Junk my A/C or fix it. Searched "OBA"-no results.

Mopar Maniac,
How did you convert it to grease? Where did you put the zerks?

In a nut shell:
you take the entire pump apart, there is a small port that allows oil to move between the crack case of the pump and one of the cylinders, it needs to be blocked off, clean all the old oil and pack the bearings and crank case with grease, reassemble. The zerk goes into the oil check plug that goes in the side of the pump's crank case. I personally remove the zerk fitting and install a small breather but I don't know if it's necessary. I then drilled and tapped the inlet and outlet ports of the head to accept a standard pipe thread fitting.

In a nut shell:
you take the entire pump apart, there is a small port that allows oil to move between the crack case of the pump and one of the cylinders, it needs to be blocked off, clean all the old oil and pack the bearings and crank case with grease, reassemble. The zerk goes into the oil check plug that goes in the side of the pump's crank case. I personally remove the zerk fitting and install a small breather but I don't know if it's necessary. I then drilled and tapped the inlet and outlet ports of the head to accept a standard pipe thread fitting.

Thanks for the info

Back