• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

July 2011 Carolina Beach Meet and Greet/Camping

all counting on my wifes deployment work up stuff will depend on if we can go but this is VERY VERY doable.

:D

Can you guys find a good restaurant list? I want to eat some good food.

Like the place you found last time that had awesome food.

I'll probably not know till the after the crawl as to weather I can come or not. Gas going up right now has me worried.

I would like to go I have been thinking about it now i just gotta get some info from you guys, Local hotels anyone gonna be in one? I have camped on the beach in July and vowed never to do it again. Anyone interested in spiting the cost of a nice air conditioned room? This all depends on the weekend your planning the trip is there a set date yet? As for the weekend of the fourth im booked and wont be able to make it. I'll have to find out the laws on pets if my girlfriend wants to go with me I have to bring the dog. If i cant bring the dog she'll have to stay home with him and she wont be to happy about that. Just some thoughts I guess.

Gas prices have me worried as well. But i've vowed to not miss the Crawl, and for me the beach is about half the distance as it is to Harlan..plus at the beach there won't be a ton of driving involved.

I wanted to hit up the ride in VA this weekend but can't afford the gas right now.

As of now we were planning on the last weekend in July. Obviously this is shortly after the Crawl so a lot of people are going to cash strapped, so I don't see a reason (aside from back to school time) why we couldn't change the weekend as we get a bit closer and see people's schedules.

Hotels are completely up to everyone. It's $20/day to access the beach, $60 before the end of March for a season pass and $100 for a season pass after March. There are hotels nearby from what I remember.

Dogs are allowed but must be leashed during the busy season.

Hey Ghost havent seen you in years since we did some trails near Co Spgs...come out to the beach meet the fam...:) I am tentatively in since my kids dont go back till aug 24th and they love jeepin on the beach:cheers:

Hey Ghost havent seen you in years since we did some trails near Co Spgs...come out to the beach meet the fam...:) I am tentatively in since my kids dont go back till aug 24th and they love jeepin on the beach:cheers:

Ok who is this? Where is Co Spgs?

As long as gas isnt too bad ill make plans to attend this and meet some of you guys.

Can you guys find a good restaurant list? I want to eat some good food.

Like the place you found last time that had awesome food.

The place we had last time was called surfside if I remember correctly. That was the only restaurant we ate at the weekend we were there. There are several others in the general block of the one we chose, problem is the majority close after lunch hours to get ready for the dinner crowd.

But, i'm sure all the others are good too. It's hard to find bad restaurants at the beach!

The place we had last time was called surfside if I remember correctly. That was the only restaurant we ate at the weekend we were there. There are several others in the general block of the one we chose, problem is the majority close after lunch hours to get ready for the dinner crowd.

But, i'm sure all the others are good too. It's hard to find bad restaurants at the beach!

The SeaWitch Cafe.

Hmmm.. if i'm in SC during this event i might be able to make a weekend out of it.

I had been wanting to experience some beach camping and this is closer and cheaper than Cape Lookout.

My only concern is i may melt..

me and the wife are in. the 30th is my last day in the navy. this is a great way to celebrate.

Back