• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

John D Super Slo-Mo Rebuild

19-1311 for the 4.5" that I have and they make shorter versions too. I ended up getting them from Summit Racing. Go to their website and search prothane. The pics are deceiving because I think they show the 1" version for all of them but the description will say the different sizes.

Awesome, thanks John! :cheers:

Got some work done week. It's probably gonna sit like this for a while, I have 3 big trips in a row. Maybe I'll get lucky and have some time.

Side by side comparison of the old rear bump stops compared to the Prothanes.

Built up the mounts for the bump stops using 1/2" hardware.

RuffStuff shock mounts, I like these.

A little more cage and an upper mount.

Shock position. It's not perfect being angled back a few degrees, but it does rotate to the rear as it compresses. I couldn't do it any other way with where my C-pillar hit the floor. It's a lot easier doing this when you don't need to keep the back seat.

Battery mounted up and secured. Threw down a little carpet too.

Installed the Prothane coil inserts. Starting off with a 1" air gap and a 4" hard stop inside. 1 1/2" tube fits perfect inside. I made a 1/4" round landing pad for the bumpstop to hit the top of the Prothane. There's a piece of tube extending off the bottom of it holding it on to the Prothane and creating the top part of the hard stop. I forgot to take a pic of that though. I'm sure it's going to take some trial and error to figure them out. Ordered a set of shocks for the front, hopefully they will be here next week.

All depends on how long you want it to last. Buddy has a 10lbs tank, only uses a few lbs a year on his 16"L 2" airshocks and keeps the tank around to fill tires.

Putting together my nitrogen setup to fill the shocks. I have no idea and either me or Google are stupid today because I can't seem to find the answer. How big is big enough for the bottle? 5#, 10#?

5lb bottle would be plenty.

I've been trying to score a cheap nitrogen regulator on ebay for my shocks and I just couldn't. Lots of 100psi medical versions, but nothing that goes to 400psi. So I ended up getting a new one. Got a hose from a CO2 paintball setup and a no-loss air chuck. 119 bucks including shipping, which is less than any of the kits already made up. I grabbed a 20 cubic foot tank to start with.

Pulled my muffler and cat down and it's kinda beat, LOL.

I scored a set of 2.25" and 3" mandrel bends on ebay so I can start putting it back together.

I'm starting over all the way from the headers this time and picked up a nice merge from Summit.

Just waiting for my header collectors to show so I can start.

I can't believe you still had the post cat o2 sensors.

considered deleting them just so you didn't have to worry about bungs down there and a ginourmous wire harness?

Yeah, downstream O2 sensors... Originally (maybe 5 years ago now) I was thinking they were an important part of the equation so I designed them into the exhaust and left them in the harness. Fast forward a couple years with a bit more understanding and wiring harness V2.0 did not include the downstream O2 sensors and I deleted them in the tune.

Back