• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JKS or Ironrock sliders

2001XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Guys,

I have narrowed it down to either JKS superNerfs or Ironrock Offroad sliders. I like how both of them sit tight up against the pinch seam and rocker panels. I also like how the 2nd rail is angle up and out instead of straight out. You guys have any opinions or thoughts as to one over the other?

-They are both the same price...$360 shipped to the door

-Iron rock uses 2x3 main rail tubing
-JKS uses 2x2 tubing

Both cut out portions of the pinch seam.....

-JKS uses tubular mounting legs which seem heavier duty
-Iron Rock uses flat stock on it's side for stength which reduced how much
of the pinch seem is cutout.

I plan to either weld or sleeve the mounting legs through the frame rail in either application.

Here is a pic of the ironrock ones... http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merc...en=PROD&Store_Code=IROR&Product_Code=IR-X_PRS

I am sure everyone knows what the JKS look like

thanks

why not go jcr or AJs? if im not mistaken i think they both can build the sliders angled up if you ask them...for probably $100 cheaper or so. its very rare to hear anything bad about either product... just an idea.

gijosiahh said:
why not go jcr or AJs? if im not mistaken i think they both can build the sliders angled up if you ask them...for probably $100 cheaper or so. its very rare to hear anything bad about either product... just an idea.

AJ's at JeepinOutfitters.com is the best I found. Why do you want it angled up? I think having it come straight out protects more. I may be wrong. Goodluck with whatever you decide to go with!

Thanks for the replies.....yeah, I have looked at nearly all the mfgs I could find and I still like the fact that the main rails are butted up high and tight to the rocker panels and up against the pinch seem. That was the reasoning for going with either one of those.

Main rails as in the ones under the rockers?? My (stage 2 JCR's are about <1/4" space below the rockers. My guess, is that they could angle the side protection bars up maybe and still be less than the ones your looking at. Plus as a NAXJA member, they'll give you a discount (5-10% cant remember which). Mine have taken a beating and work great!

JoesXJ said:
Main rails as in the ones under the rockers?? My (stage 2 JCR's are about <1/4" space below the rockers. My guess, is that they could angle the side protection bars up maybe and still be less than the ones your looking at. Plus as a NAXJA member, they'll give you a discount (5-10% cant remember which). Mine have taken a beating and work great!

Yes, the ones under the rockers. I am not an engineer and am not saying it is not a solid mounting system but I don't care for the pinch seem mounts that utilize a piece of flat stock or angle stock and don't have the main rail up tight against where it would want to go under stress anyway. It seems that way of mounting it is putting all the stress just on the pinch seam and however many bolts you have mounting it versus having the main rail up tight against the rockers where is would desperse the load over a bigger surface area because of the main rail.

IIRC, this whole argument had been discussed already. I was just asking for opinions on JKS vs. IronRock, not mounting systems of other mfgs.

By the way, I do supprt JCR. I think they are great, they installed by 4.56 gears and I think they are great people and do good work.

AJs all the way!!

Picture013.jpg

Back