• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jk stock long arms

Seems like people could just go with the idea that OP meant "junkyard" in the loose sense of "used parts." The local FB group, people actually put lift kits on their JKs and have the stock crap left over, most of it ends up in garage storage or the trash.

Sorry you couldn't get an answer OP, respondants don't know

The best stuff that happens in the jeep world is what guys do with off the shelf and junk yard stuff. Everyone loves the shiny new kits that the ups man brings but making stuff work with what's around is really interesting. So, yeah Im sure you could make it work and if you did it and got it right, that would be pretty slick. There is a lot that goes int those measurements that I don't pretend to understand.

Seems like people could just go with the idea that OP meant "junkyard" in the loose sense of "used parts." The local FB group, people actually put lift kits on their JKs and have the stock crap left over, most of it ends up in garage storage or the trash.

Sorry you couldn't get an answer OP, respondants don't know

Agreed, it was a given that you meant take off arms which I agree, are probably being thrown out right and left buy guys who do kits. So yes, they are longer, and they are probably free. That's not a bad place to start. Jk arms are close enough to XJ arms that they probably impart remarkable strength and flex for what they are.

Now if anything I'd guess you might be able to use the mounts to make your own.heck you might even be able to modify them to work with your xj.Personally if you make or modify something to make it work rather then buy new you get something special out of it.

those all are nice positive replies and it was just talk I have zero plans to do that I just posed a question, has anyone used them? my thought exactly was they get taken off all the time for lifts. so would be a cool cheap project.

I haven't heard nor seen of anyone doing it.If your up for the challenge then I say go for it just make sure you make a post on it cause you have me thinking about it now.

You can invent something useful, cheap, innovative and ingenious. But if people don't know you, havent seen it before or it didn't come from one the regular geniuses in the community, the fanboys will hound you, until of course, you get the nod from the true geniuses.
I remember on one forum one guy said that he thought he could put a d30 ring and pinion in a d35 housing or vice versa. Well he was ridiculed for suggesting it, and hounded through the process by the fanboys, one "moderator" included. He did it and it worked. Even after he proved his theory, he was still harassed.

I have a couple ideas I am getting geared up to try but I won't post it on the forums until it's done, not because I'm afraid of looking foolish, but because I don't want to have to sort the the fan boy BS from the legit advice and assistance of those who could help me out. It's sad.

So you have raised an interesting question.

Using JK take-off arms, what spring would you need to accommodate them?
And other questions arise, like: would the stock TJ mounts accommodate the dimensions of the JK arms?

And, if not how could they most easily be accommodated and best be used?

The jk-tj lift.... Someone has had to have tried it before.

You could go to a TJ forum and ask. The front end of the XJ and TJ are nearly identical. A TJ guy might have done or tried it.

You can invent something useful, cheap, innovative and ingenious. But if people don't know you, havent seen it before or it didn't come from one the regular geniuses in the community, the fanboys will hound you, until of course, you get the nod from the true geniuses.
I remember on one forum one guy said that he thought he could put a d30 ring and pinion in a d35 housing or vice versa. Well he was ridiculed for suggesting it, and hounded through the process by the fanboys, one "moderator" included. He did it and it worked. Even after he proved his theory, he was still harassed.

I have a couple ideas I am getting geared up to try but I won't post it on the forums until it's done, not because I'm afraid of looking foolish, but because I don't want to have to sort the the fan boy BS from the legit advice and assistance of those who could help me out. It's sad.

I think you have fan boy and the term 'just because it can be done, shouldn't mean that it should' mixed up. There is a fine line of what is compatible and what is not and potentially dangerous

I spend alot of time in JY's and have only seen a couple YJ's and no TJ's. I always Figured that all the TJ's and JK's got scooped up at auction by specialty yards like Davies. It would be cool though to walk into a Pick and Pull and see a whole line of TJ's and JK's.

So you have raised an interesting question.

Using JK take-off arms, what spring would you need to accommodate them?
And other questions arise, like: would the stock TJ mounts accommodate the dimensions of the JK arms?

And, if not how could they most easily be accommodated and best be used?

The jk-tj lift.... Someone has had to have tried it before.

I think you have fan boy and the term 'just because it can be done, shouldn't mean that it should' mixed up. There is a fine line of what is compatible and what is not and potentially dangerous

No one mentioned that it was dangerous. Just not worth the time, not adjustable, not shiny and new...

Back