• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jk AXLES

that is a screaming deal for JK rubi axles -- I paid $1200 for the D44 elocked rear and a D30 that I am swapping into my WJ. Wrong above on flanges, they are 1310 joints (at least my nonrubis are). They are 64.5" wide, so be prepared for full width. You will need to re-do all of the axle brackets, as they are too wide for XJ parts (plus set for coil in the rear), but the ebrakes cables should be pretty easy to adapt. Nice score!

What size tires will you be running? The front 44 isnt a true 44. Search it up

the JK 44 is a HP44 center, but its true that from the center out it is identical to the JK HP30 -- the axle tubes are notorious for breaking, I'll be putting some internal sleeves in mine, plus a truss. the unitbearings, however, are 32 spline units, and pretty damn beefy. I'll only be running 33's, 35 max on my WJ, so I'm fairly comfortable with a trussed HP30.

is it HP? Is it labeled a 44? there ya go. ;)

is it HP? Is it labeled a 44? there ya go. ;)

lmfao.gif

Here was the first widely known XJ to do the swap. If you run stock Rubi wheels, the BS is so deep that it eats up the extra width of the axle.

l_e1be1449bf69568f5f76ea3c924ce457.jpg

jk rubi axles arent worth the hype.

buddy has blown through 4 elockers and we swappen in a terra 60 rear in his. he was only running 37s.

since then we have beefed the front 44 with sleeves, gussets, and a truss, we also added chromos. the lockers were all warrantied but i do know arb makes a 35 spline locker for the rubi 44 so when he blows another we will swap that in as well as some rcvs.

alot better than dropping 6grand on a 60 front for his jk

I just finished the JK axle swap too. The price is good for 4.11 gears, bigger brakes front and rear. With the TnT truss, aftermarket tie rod the axle is pretty stout.

That is him, love that jeep
Thanks Fellas!
I have had zero issues with the JK axles or lockers on 37's.
I made my own gussets, and scored a deal on chromo shafts and CTM joints for the front. I am very happy with them myself, and they have had a "little" abuse....;)

Martin

Back