• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep Vs Toyota

my buddy is in the same boat keeps goin back and forward, wrangler doesnt have enough room, cherokee is nice but its sloppy, toyota trucks have style and good mpg... results owned wrangler for 2 years, toyota tacoma for 1 1/2 years, 2000 xj for 2 years, just bought his 2nd xj to keep up with me..

Ok I don't know how old this forum is, but I'm going to reply anyways:

Toyotas are good if you want to run big tires and look cool.

Cherokees are the shit, because you get great traction for some reason. It is rediculous. I well with my friend with a 84 runner and my buddys 79 Cj-5 locked front and rear. The Cj will spin tires where I with opens and mild mud terrains will roll right through. The 4runner will just spin and then be f*cked. All the yota guys who hate jeeps never wheel with them. I may be a bit cocky but I bet on a normal trail with mud and rocks and all I can out wheel a yota with 35s locked front and rear and I have 8 inchs of lift, 33s and opens. Tell me what you guys think when you wheel with yota fags.
-Patrick

this thread is very old... say over 1 year old by the looks of the date at the upper left of each post.
I am sure he values all opinions backing up his decision to get another XJ last year though.

id have to say and XJ... you cant go wrong with a XJ, plus the 4.0 will last forever if taken care of properly.

-damn i never noticed how old the post was till you said someting... oh well

as far as longetivity the cherokee has it hands down! lets not forget the massive toyota recall on the 3 slow (3.0L) for head gaskets that motor has gone down in history as one of the worst. now for the 22re it is a way better motor than the 3.0 but does pop headgaskets more than the 4.0l a.m.c. also the 22re has timing chain problems with high mileage. timing chain problems have never plagued the xj. they both have similiar trans in the auto models so that is not an issue. the 4.0l is a ton better motor than toyotas 4 or 6 cylinder. and parts are easier to find and cheaper. i have had experience with both models so i speak from experience. the toyota 4 cylinder is a good truck but the cherokee with the inline six is a much better buy for the money and reliability.

Back