• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep Parts in Other ****ries

joejeep92

NAXJA Forum User
One of the other sites I frequent is expeditionportal. I see lots of Rovers and Land Cruisers set up for long distance South American trips but never a Jeep. I see no reason it couldn't if properly outfitted with the only hang-up being Land Cruiser parts are available throughout the world because that is the global workhorse but Jeep parts I have no idea on. Anybody know how available parts for our vehicles are in South American countries? Not leaving on a trip tomorrow...just wondering.

my understanding is that XJ parts are pretty readily available since it was a strong export vehicle for so many years. i think the challenge would be finding a source for parts for ANY kind of vehicle outside of large cities.
while you are on the topic, you should do a google search on Mark Smith and his expedition thru central America in the 1970s... now THAT was a dedicated man.

my understanding is that XJ parts are pretty readily available since it was a strong export vehicle for so many years. i think the challenge would be finding a source for parts for ANY kind of vehicle outside of large cities.
while you are on the topic, you should do a google search on Mark Smith and his expedition thru central America in the 1970s... now THAT was a dedicated man.

From my reading Toyota parts are available in many countries due to their large global presence.

The biggest reason not to use an XJ in developing countries is that most vehicles are diesel and gasoline is not readily available in some places.

From my reading Toyota parts are available in many countries due to their large global presence.

A late 80's Toyota pickup/4-Runner would be the vehicle to take. Those are laying all over the side of the road in South America.

as a land rover owner, the reason why everyone says to use a toyota is bc there are always parts available. why are there always parts available? bc you'll need them. :firedevil

land rovers don't break down, they just get frustrated :roll:

Im upset were not talking about ****s

I've been noticing the tried and true XJ parts sources I used to use, have removed many of the XJ parts from there stock. Many seem to still carry CJ, YJ TJ, WJ etc. just the XJ has disappeared. Bummer.

That is a bummer. They made the XJ 84-01 while the CJ was from 44?-86? and the YJ, TJ, following so lots of years to cover parts wise with the CJ platform.

That is a bummer. They made the XJ 84-01 while the CJ was from 44?-86? and the YJ, TJ, following so lots of years to cover parts wise with the CJ platform.

Because of the way the Jeep was built during the war, Ford made some, and Willys made some. They share most parts because of standardization. As a result, the early Broncos essentially were CJs with a different body.

Interesting origination story behind LandRover.
The original Rover was based on a surplus military Jeep.

Toyota Pickups are used by small dictators and terrorist groups world wide for their affordability and dependability :D

I can name most sizes of bolts moving down to the head gaskets on rovers due to the volume of them I have done. Usually in the 70k mile range. They do have that tendency.

Ours blew at 85K. About 5 minutes after I started it. It wasn't overheated.

95 RRC 4.2L

Back