• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep Cherokee (XJ) Dana 44 axle (3.55 gearing) in Grand Rapids, Michigan area

1x1_Speed_Craig

NAXJA Forum User
I recently bought an '87 Cherokee Pioneer because it had the Dana 44 rear axle (3.55 gears, no noises, drove the vehicle 45 minutes home). I kept several items off the Cherokee, and scrapped the rest of the vehicle. I planned on keeping the Dana 44 for a future project, but found a vehicle I'd like to get, so I'm offering the 44 up for sale.

It has 3.55 gearing, and works well. The pinion seal is leaking, and it'll need new brake drums. The ones that were on it looked kind of rough (but brakes still stopped well). I scrapped them with the vehicle, and planned to do a disc upgrade. Also, one of the shock mount studs is broken off by the threads. For a full-price offer, I'd be willing to fix this for the new owner.

The housing of the axle has a thick coating of oil on it thanks to a leaky engine, so it actually looks pretty clean underneath (not all scaly).

$350. I'm looking for a quick sale. Pick-up just north of Grand Rapids. Reply here or PM me if you're interested.

Thanks,
Craig

Back